Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CPS Fanatic

Re: Hard Floor Vacuum: Anything good, compact, and affordable?

Quote Originally Posted by trippsmom View Post
    Yep. Walmart special. We bought 5 of them and they have been worth every penny. Teachers have never complained about them. The teachers have gotten more adventurous in the sensory tubs because they know how easy cleanup is going to be.
    If it works for kids' messes, that's exactly what I need.

Quote Originally Posted by sirrahn View Post
    FWIW, I just got an email from Walmart that says the color versions of the Bissel 3 in 1 are on sale for $14.88. If you like orange, teal or purple,that's a good deal with no wait!

Link
    Cute! Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by xursusmaritimusx View Post
    this is a newer version of the one i have
    Amazon.com - BISSELL PowerEdge Pet Hard Floor Vacuum, 81L2T

and its amazing. ive used it almost every single day for the past 1.5 years around my house. i have laminate and tile floors everywhere so they get dirty fast with the kids. LOOOVE it. it even works on low pile carpet/rugs
    I have this one! I love it.
    It does pick up big chunks. Cereal, dog food, other random crumbs, you name it.. I've sucked it up.
    You don't have to touch the dirt to empty the basic cup. It's just pinching the buttons and dumping in the trash can. However, occasionally the top red portion of it will get hair/dust wrapped around it (you can see it in the amazon pictures), and while *usually* I just have to shake it to get it off, it can occasionally get tightly wound on there and may need a little nudge with your fingers. But I don't have to empty that part very often.
    I have an extension cord attached to ours because I do my entire living room with it, and the cord was not long enough.
    Mama to R: 7y6m, 46 lbs, 48", FF in RN XTSL, ERF until 4y6m

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    I have an older model Golden Retriever vacuum, a bit expensive to maintain and is the only vacuum in need of walk daily, but you never need to carry her to mess, she will be right there cleaning it up. They get noisy, though. And unless you want smells, allow them to empty outdoors..
    -Angela

5. Thank You from:

Senior Community Member 2BunniesMommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by happiness-and-balance View Post
    I have an older model Golden Retriever vacuum, a bit expensive to maintain and is the only vacuum in need of walk daily, but you never need to carry her to mess, she will be right there cleaning it up. They get noisy, though. And unless you want smells, allow them to empty outdoors..
    LOL! I have to admit to being jealous when seeing a dog eat up kid messes at a friend's house.

OP, I had an older model of the 3in1 $20 vac a few years ago and we had no problems with it. It main job was kitchen/dining room kid messes. Certainly worth a try for $20, or the $15 mention, and for sure for the $10 if you wait for black Friday.

7. Thank You from:

I always volunteer to keep my best friends dog (king Charles springer spaniel). He will eat anything!!!!

Dd1 loves having puppies in the house so my italian greyhound girl just regained her inside-dog status. She does a decent job, but she has nothing on that spaniel.
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

CPS Fanatic

Lol! I have one of those too! Except she makes her own shedding mess.
    Mama to Baby Girl N - two years old
    Loving Stepmother of wonderful girls, H-9 and S-5

Senior Community Member happiness-and-balance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirsty4Knowledge View Post

Lol! I have one of those too! Except she makes her own shedding mess.
    Very true! The whole world knows when you have a golden and wear yoga pants.. those things are like wearable fur catchers.
    -Angela

Senior Community Member rachelandtyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trippsmom View Post
    That Bissel 3-in-1 is actually pretty decent. We had one for 5 years. It was mine in college and I just carried it into marriage. We used to use it around the whole house. Definitely does pick up Cheerios and other chunks well. If you wait, they're almost always $10 on Black Friday. we bought them two years ago to keep in each classroom suite at mdo. It keeps classrooms clean during the day after snack and lunch and crafts.
    Is this a get up really early and wait in line deal or could we get it when we head out at lunchtime?
    DD1: 14, finally five-stepping!
    DS: 10, LBTB, Harmony Youth Booster
    DD2: 6, Chicco KidFit, HBTB w/ SS