Where to donate my Clek that kids have outgrown?

kimmylynnk

Hi
Any ideas of where I can donate my Clek seats? They are the tall ones. Since they are still in excellent condition they can still be used, but my kids have grown out of them. I'd like them to be used to help buckle a child. :) thanks for ideas.
I'm Not looking to sell them, I'd like to make that very clear... We're in San Antonio ... Hoping to find someone or someplace in Need...

ADS

judesmommy

Just an idea, not sure if it would work:
I would call your local college and ask if there is a place where you can donate them to a college student. I am a single mother and full time student at a Cal State. It's HARD... and I know at least 5 other women like me, either single or married with low income, who are students too. If they can get the seats to a starving student with a child, I know it would be a huge help! In fact, our campus has a children's center where I can sometimes get clothes for my son. They might even have a center like that where the seats could go until they are needed.

YinzerMama

I have found it very hard to donate car seats through official channels because no one wants to take the fall if something goes wrong with it - but if you put it on CL for free I am sure people would beat a path to your door.

nannykates

I would sell then use the money to buy more new in box seats to help families. You could probably get more seats that way and remove the liability for agencies (maybe even ask what seats they are in need of?)

NVMBR02

Our local women's shelter does take use seats. I helped them get rid of several that were expired and tried to get them into contact with our county health department and our local safekids but as of a few months ago they were also taking donations or new or used seats.

tracyttu

I work at the children's hospital of San Antonio and I'm a car seat tech. Most places don't want to assume the liability of a used seat. I would try some of the pregnancy support places.....Avance, catholic charities etc. good luck. I'd love a clek!! ;)

vangelder03

I would sell them and take the money and buy a few cheaps seats from walmart and donate them to a local womens shelter the clek boosters are heavy and most women who could benefit tend to switch from car to car and need seats that are easier to carry.

Snow mom

I agree with others that selling the seats and then using the money in some way to help others is probably going to work out better for your end goal.

tracyttu

I thought of another option as a possibility. University hospital runs a safe kids program. They certify new technicians twice a year. They have a huge variety of seats for training purposes but I don't think they have a clek. They might be interested in having them for training purposes. Not totally sure so that might not be a valid lead. Just thinking of options for you!

Baylor

Hi
Any ideas of where I can donate my Clek seats? They are the tall ones. Since they are still in excellent condition they can still be used, but my kids have grown out of them. I'd like them to be used to help buckle a child. :) thanks for ideas.
I'm Not looking to sell them, I'd like to make that very clear... We're in San Antonio ... Hoping to find someone or someplace in Need...

Can I ask how old they are?

kimmylynnk

*donning Mod hat here*

Friendly reminder so that this doesn't slide into swap territory to keep all swap-type content and related questions to the appropriate forums.

OP I think it's a great thing you're trying to do. I hope you find someone very appreciative.

I'm not sure where the swap place is... :) but swapping or selling is not an option for me...these seats just need to find a home other than my garage to expire... Hoping they can fall into the hands of someone who's not using or needs a safe seat... Great ideas here though ...

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'm not sure where the swap place is... :) but swapping or selling is not an option for me...these seats just need to find a home other than my garage to expire... Hoping they can fall into the hands of someone who's not using or needs a safe seat... Great ideas here though ...

I understood that from your first post, I just wanted to ensure that others reading understood too!

Clek is 9 years until expiry, so those seats have LOTS of life left.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC