Chicco nextfit or Maxi Cosi Pria 70 for 18 month old

kimmylynnk

Hi
What would be the better choice? Chicco Nextfit or Maxi cosi pria 70?
We have a Honda minivan and install it in the middle. The Foonf was just too tall for that seat. I'm looking to keep RF for as long as possible. Would prefer a seat that isn't too tall. If there is a better seat other than these 2 please inform me. Open to all suggestions. Prefer easy install with latch. Thanks you for advice.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Answering on which will last the longest only- the Nexfit most likely. Just because you can RF to within 1 inch with the headrest fully extended. The Pria has a 40" standing height limit.

Stelvis

Answering on which will last the longest only- the Nexfit most likely. Just because you can RF to within 1 inch with the headrest fully extended. The Pria has a 40" standing height limit.

The Nextfit will not install properly in the center second row of an '11+ Ody though. So depending on her model year she might have to use another spot. I'm not sure whether the Pria fits there or not.

kimmylynnk

The Nextfit will not install properly in the center second row of an '11+ Ody though. So depending on her model year she might have to use another spot. I'm not sure whether the Pria fits there or not.

Why would the Chicco next fit not install properly with latch on the center of second row? I currently have a Graco click connect 40 base and carseat installed there with latch. The Foonf was too tall for that seat. The second row seats are also in the wide angle mode so there is more room between seats. Thank you for your help...

thepote

Why would the Chicco next fit not install properly with latch on the center of second row? I currently have a Graco click connect 40 base and carseat installed there with latch. The Foonf was too tall for that seat. The second row seats are also in the wide angle mode so there is more room between seats. Thank you for your help...

I've read here that it moves around too much no matter the installation method. You just can't get it tight there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC