What booster will hold my napper's head up?

yolanda_fan

My ds is almost 3, and he is a bit on the short side. I intend on keeping him in his 5-point restraint for some time, but I've started to research belt-positioning boosters. The Britax Starriser and the Graco Turbobooster are my top choices, but I've read conflicting reviews. Some people say they are good at holding up the heads of sleeping kids, but other people say that they allow their heads to flop forward when they sleep. I gotta have the truth, Ruth (any Electric Company alumnae out there?). What have been your experiences with these 2--or any other--booster seats? The head rests on these car seats look so tall that I don't think my son's head will be able to reach them.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
These seats are both GREAT for older nappers (after at least age 4-closer to age 5 is better) and TERRIBLE for younger nappers...who are just such darn floppy sleepers! If I were you, I'd hold out a couple years, keeping him harnessed, and wait to see if any other great seats come out! For what it's worth, though, the Britax Bodyguard is IMO the best, most supportive napping seat, hands down :)
All the reviews of the SRC, Turbo, even the Compass, by parents of 2 & 3 year olds seem unhappy with the seat...and truly these little peanuts would be much safer in harnessed seats, anyway.

HTH,

MelllieMa

I totally agree with Julie, but I piped up for a different reason...
I LOVED the Electric Company and no one I've ever asked even remembers it. Thanks for a post that made me smile!:D

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh my gosh! I thought she was literally asking someone named Ruth who worked at the Electric Company. DUH!
I love that show so much, when it played on Noggin at midnight for a couple years there, I Tivo'd it constantly and now have a couple of 8 hour video tapes full of episodes. My kids and I love Letterman and "HEY YOU GUYS!" and the silent E song...
Well, anyway, see how your brain can miss the funnest details when you've got a one-track mind? LOL

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC