My Ride and Sure Ride puzzling?

griffinej5

I'm wondering if these 2 seats might puzzle together, either both rf, or 1 rf, and 1 ff. Currently in my moms car, we have 1 of my nieces, 2y 8m, rf in a my ride. The other one is 6 weeks, and in a flex loc. She's good there for a while. The 2 year old has maybe .5-1 inch left rf in the my ride (tall torso, I got them matching pajamas that I was putting away for later, she wore the 3T shirt from her set, with the 12m shorts from the baby's set). I was thinking about maybe getting her a sure ride, which I am assuming gets her more rf time, and the baby could have the my ride when she outgrows the bucket. The 2 year old is only 28lbs, and Is maybe 35.5 inches. Fitting next to each other is preferable to allow someone to sit next to them, however uncomfortable, if necessary. If they won't fit together rf, I could always turn the older one when the baby needs the convertible.
I might be able to try other things out if they buy more rf time, I can try them in a physical store (but I can actually purchase online) and they come in pink. She likes her pink seat, she likes that the baby has a pink seat, and I don't think she'd be happy if I took away her pink seat and didn't replace it with pink.

ADS

Brianna

They don't puzzle well in any combination. The MyRide puzzles well with the Radian, but that's pricier than the SureRide. What's your budget? Are there any other convertibles you or the parents own that you might be able to use in your mom's car instead?

griffinej5

Darn! My sister (the one with the 2yr old.) Has a MyRide in her car, and I think in my BIL's car she has a Scenera. My mom of course hates the Scenera. The baby only has the flex loc. Is 2 Surerides next to each other with one rf out of the question? The my ride can always go to my sister's car. No matter how we do it, when the baby outgrows the flex loc, two seats have to get purchased (for my mom's and my sister's car). I could also go with a combo seat, but if there is some way that buys rf time,I'd opt for it first. As for other seats, keeping it in the same price range as the my ride is preferable.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC