2011 Audi A4, a kid and four passengers

drramki

Hello people,

Thanks to the great forum and I keep learning.

This is our first kid and we are car shopping. We love Audi A4 but I think we have a challenge to find the right carseat.

We are a short family :-( [5' 4" and 5']. So we don't have legroom problem. But we will have our parents visit us for 3-4 months during which time, we have to accomodate a carseat and two adults in the rear seats.

I looked at Combi Coccoro (supposed to be the narrowest seat? 14.6") but that doesn't come with a matching stroller.

Can you guys suggest a rear facing (??) car-seat that can be fit in 2011 Audi A4 (center?) and accomodate two adults (again short!!!) at the same time.

Thanks very much~!

ADS

Jan06twinmom

Do you want a convertible car seat that will stay in the vehicle or do you want a bucket seat that you can remove from the car?

For a convertible car seat, the Combi Coccoro that you are looking at would be an excellent choice. It doesn't have a matching stroller, but you would be removing the baby from the car seat and putting the baby directly into the stroller. Of if you are planning to baby wear, you can take the baby out of the seat and put the baby in a sling to be carried.

If you want an infant seat that you can remove from the car, I would suggest looking at the Chicco Keyfit. You will find strollers that match this seat since it is removable.

One thing to consider - don't worry about finding a car seat and stroller that match. In general, it's more important to find a car seat that works well for your needs and a stroller that you like. You'll probably find that you don't use the stroller with the car seat very much after the first six months or so. Once a baby is bigger and more alert, it's often better to use the stroller without the car seat so the baby can look around. It's still nice to occasionally be able to use the car seat and stroller together when the baby is sleeping and you need to go somewhere.

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
When we had to haul 4 adults with the baby in our Ford Focus, I found the best solution was to install the carseat in the middle position. I'm afraid I'd be hard-pressed to give you model advice though.

drramki

Thanks people. I will check the Chico Keyfit.

@unityco: I have rented ford focus few times and I am surprised that you could fit two adults and a carseat in the rear. Am getting more confidence on A4 now. Btw, what was your carseat?

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Thanks people. I will check the Chico Keyfit.

@unityco: I have rented ford focus few times and I am surprised that you could fit two adults and a carseat in the rear. Am getting more confidence on A4 now. Btw, what was your carseat?

We had a few over the years: we started with a Designer 22 infant seat, then moved to a RF Evenflo Titan (2005 model) and ended up with a FF Radian. None were particularly wide seats, and I won't say it wasn't a tight squeeze, but we all fit (even me, and I'm by no means narrow. ;) ) I will say sitting beside a RF seat is more comfy than a FF one; you have more shoulder room. Right now we're in a Kia Rondo (Optima chassis) and my booster rider and I can flank DS2 in his Peg Perego convertible. His Graco SnugRide35 also worked for us in the middle.

Hope that gives you some help! :)

Last edited:

BMWBig6

We have an A4 and both of the carseats mentioned above. The Chicco Keyfit will permit 2 thin passengers on either outboard side of the center-mounted infact seat (but I wouldn't recommend this for long rides for sake of passenger comfort). The Combi Cocorro will actually have a smaller footprint than the Chicco Keyfit because that convenient snap-in base on the Keyfit is wider than the bottom of a Cocorro. Just something else to consider (I think you may gain as much as 4" or so using the narrower Combi).

drramki

Hello friends,

Wanted to update. We have bought a VW Passat instead of Audi A4. We really loved the Audi A4 but decided against it considering future requirements.

Now that we have a large room in the passat, I don't have to find the smallest car-seat available.

Thanks to the forum~!

Jan06twinmom

Hello friends,

Wanted to update. We have bought a VW Passat instead of Audi A4. We really loved the Audi A4 but decided against it considering future requirements.

Now that we have a large room in the passat, I don't have to find the smallest car-seat available.

Thanks to the forum~!

Congrats on the new car!

Please let us know if you still would like recommendations for car seats. Even without the need for super narrow car seats, the Chicco Keyfit and Combi Coccoro would be on my recommended list for you. You might want to look at some of the car seats that tend to fit small babies/preemies well since you are small and anticipate having a small child too because of genetics.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC