Performance Booster pics!!

ohiomommy08

I (out of 11,000 entries) won a Performance Booster from Right Start!! I got the email on Saturday and responded right away and even though they said it might take up to 4 weeks it arrived today!!

Here are a few pics. I can take more if anyone wants them. My daughter is almost 5 1/2 and is about 41 inches (short torso) and weighs 36.5 lbs. How does the fit look? Safe to use or do I need to sadly store it for a while until she fits better.

Attachments

• image-800945358.jpg
    image-800945358.jpg
    514.8 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
How is the seat depth for her? It's quite deep - perfect for my 7YO but too deep for my younger. She would totally be slouching to bend her knees at the edge of the seat.

babyherder

When I'm not sure how high to have the shoulder guide I move it up a click, see how it looks, move it down a click, see how it looks, etc. I figure it can't hurt to try a few different settings to see which one works best.

Athena

She looks so wrapped in coziness and protection! You're making me want one, but I don't know if it would work for us and we don't need another seat (keep repeating to self :)).

ohiomommy08

Good ideas. Ill try her in it again tomorrow. After the review I thought it might be too big for her but she is more leggy than torso so maybe it will be ok.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I didn't look closely at her shoulders the first time. Looking again, I'd move it up a notch. What notch is she on? DD1 is on notch 6, I think.

ohiomommy08

Should I move the headrest/belt guide up a notch or two or does it look OK?

Not sure why this posted again?!?! I tried to delete, but couldn't figure it out, so I just edited it;)

Last edited:

ohiomommy08

Ok here is a pic of her knees. Does that look OK?

Also pics of the head rest/belt guide at level 2, 3, 4 and 6 to compare with bookmama's kiddo :). My kid has a very short torso!! Which one looks best. I'm thinking 2or 3.

Last edited:

Dorothy

Do you mind if I ask a question? How do you like the headrest? Does it push her head forward at all?

Sent using the app. :)

vdubpower

whats the retail price on these

i cant seem to find them in stock anywhere

i purchased the NON performance version which i think the only diff is the latchs?

what seat did your daughter fit in before, why not keep her in a combo withharness if she fits

ohiomommy08

She hasn't ridden in it yet, only sat in it for a few minutes each time, so I'm not sure about the headrest.

I think they retail for $130ish? I believe that right now they are only available from Right Start.

She does still fit in her Marathon and actually rides in her Nautilus 95% of the time. We recently bought a turbo booster to booster train her since she has to ride a booster on her daycare bus to and from Kindergarten. She rides perfectly in her booster. She only rides with me/in the van maybe once/week for a short trip. She'll definitely be harnessed for a long time! But since I won this one, I won't have to buy a GREAT dedicated booster in the future! :D

ohiomommy08

Bumping because there was a comment asking about where her knees were and I'm wondering if this is safe to use right now. Thank you!!

hrice

Bumping because there was a comment asking about where her knees were and I'm wondering if this is safe to use right now. Thank you!!

I prefer that the child's knees bend at the edge of the booster. It looks like the seat is just a tad too deep for her. I would wait until she is a little bigger to use it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member

I prefer that the child's knees bend at the edge of the booster. It looks like the seat is just a tad too deep for her. I would wait until she is a little bigger to use it.

Sorry, I was away for the weekend at a family gathering.

I agree with hrice. I think it's a little deep for her and would wait a while longer to use it.

ohiomommy08

Alright, it will break my heart to take it out of the van,:crying: but if it's safer I will wait until she fits better. And I will be perfectly happy:D because I'm pretty sure she'll be able to use it the full 6 years before she outgrows it:) LOVE my little peanut:)

Thanks for the help everyone! Let me know if you want measurements or pics of anything else!

Laurie

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC