Petition to end lap children on planes

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The National CPS certification Facebook put a link to this petition - trying to put a voice out for not allowing lap children any more. The site does require registration but it is quick and easy (and, IMO, worth it to bring this issue to light.)

I'm not sure if the petition will actually accomplish anything, since it's not really in the president's realm, but it can't hurt to put voices out there that are concerned about the current policy.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/end-lap-children-planes/DBTJhx5M

(Mods, I know this is air travel related but IMO it really needs higher traffic than it will get there. Hopefully it can be left here, at least for a couple of days...)

ADS

Keeanh

Meh, I've signed a few of these and had them reach the threshold, and... nothing... Reaching the 100,000 mark doesn't mean anything. I do hope it gets some awareness, though, simply by being shared around.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Meh, I've signed a few of these and had them reach the threshold, and... nothing... Reaching the 100,000 mark doesn't mean anything. I do hope it gets some awareness, though, simply by being shared around.

It means that it will get the administration's attention, which CAN make a difference.

Obviously a bunch of people signing a petition doesn't automatically make something a law, but for decades, the regulatory agencies have refused to act (or at least certain ones have). A couple people writing to their representatives won't have much impact because it's a couple people. Getting tens of thousands of signatures, though, shows widespread support and might help get it somewhere.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC