double stroller

lpperry

Friend has a 2 year old who will be 2 1/2 when her new baby is born. He is not much of a stroller kid and spends most of his time walking. She thinks she might regret not having a stroller with a second seat for the times when she needs it.

She originally wanted something nicer than her Graco stroller--something with better wheels and maneuverability.

I suggested the City Select with the second seat and the glider board. I think it would be perfect for her. It gives her the option to buckle up the 2 year old when necessary or use the glider board for him to stand. Also, when he is done with needing a ride, she'd still have an awesome single stroller for the baby.

She has seen them before and thought they looked perfect, but the price is so high! She's not sure if she wants to spend over $700 for stroller and accessories that she needs when her 2 year old might not even use it very often or for very long. There should be some on Craigslist, so I suggested she look there.

Is there anything else that is similar but lower price?

I also suggested keeping her single and looking into a glider board that attaches to any stroller. The Contours Tandom might be an option too, but that stroller is so big that I don't think she'd like using it as a single with the back seat removed when 2 year old is done with strollers.

ADS

1mommy

Joovy ultralight? Although if she put the baby in the car seat in the stroller I heard their inst much room for the jump seat on the back. There's also the Joovy Ergo which looks intriguing but I don't know about how it handles.

AngB

I think the Britax B-Ready is similar. My kids are a little closer in age (18 months apart), DS1 will be 2.5 next month and is 98%ile for height but still rides comfortably in the top or bottom seat when he doesn't walk. In the early months I loved being able to face the baby towards me in it and having him up a bit higher so he was away from toddlers hands at library story time and stuff. Not as nice as the City Select but for us it has been worth every penny, we use it a lot.

kaharris83

My DS1 was 28 months old and not much of a stroller kid when DS2 arrived. I still bought a bunch of doubles hoping seeing his little brother ride would convince him but no dice. I ended up with a BJ Versa with rider board that I absolutely love. I wear DS2 when I need DS1 to ride in the seat, which he doesn't fight anymore since the Versa parent faces, and when DS2 rides DS1 loves to hop on the board and talk to him. It has a super 1 handed push even with my 35lb kiddo on the board. You can get them for 300-350 and the board is another 50 or so. I could totally use it as a one and only too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC