CRS:Info needed on Safe & Sound (Aussie) seat

bbartlettnfld

I have been asked by a mom here to help her switch her kids seats around.. Her 11 month old will move into the Safe & Sound (not sure exactly what model) and her 2.5 yr old will move into a new seat..
Mom is from NZ, Are all Safe & sound models FF? I am curious so I don't freak out at baby being FF at only 11mos. Though here babies are usually FF at 9 mos.. That is if they are in a seat at all. What about the 2.5 yr old.. Would she move into a booster? I am unsure of either child's weight.
Anyway any info would be appreciated.
BethAnn

ADS

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Not all Safe N Sound models are FF-only. There is a really cool seat, in fact, called the Platinum, that is also RF. In fact, I think member CRS has that seat. I think...

CRS

Senior Community Member
Tell her to contact me through my website http://www.childrestraintsafety.com/ it's all New Zealand info there, lots for her to look at. Safe-n-Sound is Britax Childcare Australia Ltd. so it's kinda likie Britax in the US/Canada, you have some rear-facing seats, convertible car seats (most safe-n-sound seats here are convertibles) and some forward-facing only convertible boosters (a convertible booster I think you guys call a combination seat).. Tell me to get in touch with me and I can help her with advice.

Keeping in mind that Australia's law only requires children under 12 months to be restrained in a child restraint, over 12 months an adult belt is fine. Most parents choose to continue using child restraints for older children. This is why no Aus seats carry children over 57lb with adult belt and 40lb with harness.
Safe-n-Sound seats rear face to a maximum of 26lb, and can be forward facing from a minimum of 17.6lb.
Info, www.safensound.com.au (weights are in kilograms can be changed to lb on google, 12kg to lb = 26.4554715 pounds).
Not all children will get to the maximum rf limits in these seats. I have known a child who had out grown the max. limit before he was even 6 months old. He had to be turned FF as no seats in AU rf over 26lb.

bbartlettnfld

I was supposed to do the installs yesterday morning, the mother wants to move the 11 month old into the Safe & sound from his Chicco infant seat. We didn't get into the specifics as she arrived with a Graco Comfortsport for her 2 year old. We discussed how it would probably be outgrown very quickly and she chose to return it for something else.

We'll get together again as soon as she gets something else for her daughter.

BethAnn

CRS

Senior Community Member
I was supposed to do the installs yesterday morning, the mother wants to move the 11 month old into the Safe & sound from his Chicco infant seat. We didn't get into the specifics as she arrived with a Graco Comfortsport for her 2 year old. We discussed how it would probably be outgrown very quickly and she chose to return it for something else.

We'll get together again as soon as she gets something else for her daughter.

BethAnn

Gah I'm such a doofus I thought you said she was IN New Zealand, didn't see the bit about "here" LOL. Let me know if you need any help/advice :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC