I wanted to say something SOOOO bad....

emandbri

but we were in a hurry. We were pulling out of a parking spot and the car beside us had an evenflo triumpth forward facing with the straps in the middle slots, one strap on the shoulder and one UNDER the arm (from the double harness), and they were using the rear-facing belt path forward facing!

UGGGGGGGG

ADS

trailrunnermom

(from the double harness), and they were using the rear-facing belt path forward facing!

Ack! They brought my great-niece over one morning with her FPSVD installed this way; at least I could re-install hers...immediately!

It's SO hard for me not to look in other cars! :whistle:

Chameleon

us had an evenflo triumpth forward facing with the straps in the middle slots,

I'm guessing since you put this in your post you didn't think that was allowed?

Depending on which model it was it IS allowed to be FF in the Top and Middle positions.

All that other stuff gets a big :thumbsdown:

brightredmtn

I told a mom while shopping today that her daugher's straps on her infant seat were too loose. This baby could have easily gotten out without undoing the straps. I asked if they tighten them when they get in the car (I used to loosen my DS's straps when we weren't in the car and I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.) She was ticked off that I said anything, totally blew me off! What do you do in this situation?

BTW Em hi! I know you from our old EC.

emandbri

I'm guessing since you put this in your post you didn't think that was allowed?

Depending on which model it was it IS allowed to be FF in the Top and Middle positions.

All that other stuff gets a big :thumbsdown:

That is cool! If I'm remembering right when it first came out you had to use the top ones.

Thanks!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I told a mom while shopping today that her daugher's straps on her infant seat were too loose. This baby could have easily gotten out without undoing the straps. I asked if they tighten them when they get in the car (I used to loosen my DS's straps when we weren't in the car and I was giving her the benefit of the doubt.) She was ticked off that I said anything, totally blew me off! What do you do in this situation?

BTW Em hi! I know you from our old EC.

As hard as it is in a situation such as this you have to turn and walk the other way. You don't want to tick them off even more. But you can still hope they listened and when they get back in the car they will tighten the harness up. When I see a infantseat with loose harness straps if it adjusts from the back then I assume they are most likely always that loose and say something. I have not had anyone get mad at me yet, but I know that day will come. I have had some know it alls though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC