Birth to ERF convertible

mama a llama

I'm pretty sure I want to skip the infant seat this time. I have a 07 Odyssey.
Back when we had a RF Blvd in the 2nd row it touched the back of the passenger seat, so I'm worried about a taller seat fitting. My kids tend to run long in the torso and somewhat slim. What's my best bet?

ADS

thepote

The Nextfit fits awesome in the odyssey captains chairs and it's the only seat I've ever installed there where I didn't have to put weight on the seat to get it tight. It is ridiculously easy to install.

Otherwise, if you can have the passenger seat slid forward for a while until the angle adjuster can be used the radian is my favorite seat there. Mine is in the off- center captains chair. It's still fairly reclined with the AA, so you could probably use it by 6-8 months.

jjordan

With skipping the infant seat, you'll need aconvertible that can be at an infant recline and still fit. So that likely eliminates the radian from the running.

What generation of boulevard did you have? If it was one with the 65# weight limit (in the US), then the newer ones take up less front-back space. Also there is an infant insert that provides an extra recline so that the seat doesn't have to be at a full 45*. It will be outgrown sooner than some other large convertibles, but it should last RF at least to age 2 and likely longer (though of course it depends on the child).

I'm not sure about recline on the Nextfit as it's so new that I haven't had much chance to play with it yet. The MaxiCosi Pria with TinyFit is worth a look. RF height limit of 40" overall (regardless of torso height), so it may or may not last longer than the Britax seats for RF.

Gotta run - I'm sure others will have suggestions too. :)

Stelvis

I loved my new gen boulevard 70 for a newborn (with the added infant foam insert). It was great! But, she outgrew it totally around 19 months. So if you have long torso kids, I'd look at the Nextfit.

1mommy

If you're on a budget look into the Evenflo Sureride, it does have a 40" standing height limit for rf though, but has the highest top slots of any convertible for ff down the road.

Kel

The graco my ride fits newborns well. It should last until 3-4 RFing even for a longer torsoed kid.

U

Unregistered

I think the truefit should be included.
Despite the 35lb rf limit, it still gets kids in the 90% to age 3 rf.

Fit my newborn and my car (1997 civic) great. Still going strong. Despite having to turn my dd at age 3, I don't plan on needing another seat until my dd is ready for a booster.

katymyers

The graco my ride fits newborns well. It should last until 3-4 RFing even for a longer torsoed kid.
My oldest son is very long torsoed and barely got past three in the MyRide before I had to switch him to a different seat and my younger son has about 1.5 inches left above his head in the Britax Boulevard 70 installed, he only has two inches in the MyRide installed. I don't think it's that long lasting of a seat personally, my oldest who's four has already outgrown it rear facing, the new ones really don't fit newborns well, and with other options available now I no longer recommend it to people unless they have short kids. I do really like the Headwise/MySize clones though, they are great for tall kids.

Kel

I don't think the the my ride is that long lasting either. But my son out grew the Blvd the month he turned 3, he can still RF in the my ride, 4months later. Plus it's cheap installs easy, and my 18 mo DD greatly prefers it over the britax.I have the one with the cuddle cover, it fits newborns well. Not sure about some of the new infant inserts. Some look ok, some not. I just did not like the britax. It was tippy in my van unless I used the lock off, witch was a pain.

I think I'd pick the Pria 70 over a britax also. It's really nice and would last awhile FFing too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC