Three accross 2005 Jeep Cherokee

TeenaMarie

Something I know is doable; but the darn jutting headrests throw me for a curve.
I have to take the almost 5 year old triplets I babysit to the doctors on Friday. I will have an Argos and hopefully a Nautilus and then a NB turbo :thumbsdown:. Ideally, I would have at least two of them harnessed, but (I don't have the manual on me this moment) the Nautilus has to be flush to the back of the seat correct?
The two I plan on harnessing, I want to put them in the two outside positions installed by latch and the one I plan on boostering in the middle. The Argos lives in this car and usually we have it center, but on the setting my niece is on(3rd) its hard to see out the back window and the kids I watch are all on the last setting. I'm curious if anyone knows 100% about it having to be flush, or is it okay if I squish the seat as far in to the headrests as I can and there is like an inch gap toward to top on the back of the seat?(managed this before, but wasn't sure if it was okay so didn't leave it) Or should I just plan on keeping the Argos installed in the middle and putting the other two in their NB turbos on either side?

My understanding is I can't take the headrests off in the Jeep since they have these pointed plastic polls that hold them on that from what I know aren't removable(please, someone tell me I'm incorrect here)

ADS

mommytosavy

I am not an expert on how the Argos should fit outboard but I also have a 05 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I moved my dd's TFP outboard from middle when I found it too hard to see out the window. I now have her outboard in a FR90 which sits higher than the TFP so really not happening in the middle. I actually took the headrest off. I did not damage my the seat or headrest but this was the only way of making it work. Otherwise the headrests pushed the seat way to forward. I know this really isn't ideal but have no clue to make it work. I am surprised you can get the Argos outboard with headrest on and the headrest on the carseat all the way up without having the carseat pushed too far forward.

TeenaMarie

I didn't have the headrest all the way up, when you mention that it will probobly cause more or an issue. my niece is on the 3rd setting, when we got the Argos she may have still been on the second... so I probobly won't be able to squish it in. when you take the headrest off, what about the plastic polls? we were concerned about them because they're even with headrest. Is there no concern about them causing injury? Or did you find a way to take them out?

mommytosavy

DH didn't want me to hack saw the posts off! So as of right now they are just there. The headrest is about even with the posts but her head is pretty far down. I will have to see down the road if her head becomes to close to the posts and if it does hopefully she will be ready to be in a booster that will play nicely with the headrests on. I hate this set up but just don't know what would work since the combination seats become to high to fit in the middle but also are too high to get a good fit with the darn headrests. If you find something that works better keep me posted.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC