Question 3 car seats side by side?

3mamasboys

I have a 2011 Nissan quest. I was wondering if any one new if I could fit 3 chicco next fits in the back row of the van?
TIA

ADS

featherhead

I highly doubt it. The 3rd row of most vehicles is not very wide, and it takes puzzling seats just right to get 3 in. The NextFit is a very very wide seat. Could you share the age, weight, and height of each of the kids that need to sit back there? We can hopefully help you find some seats that will work for you.

featherhead

2 newbirn twins and one 21 month old(don't know what his weight and height will be in May when I'm due)

Is the older child average sized, big, small? Does he wear bigger shirts than pants?
Are there passengers in the 2nd row?
Were you wanting to skip the infant seats with the newborns? It may be easier to get them in the back if they are in infant seats, but it isn't necessary. Twins tend to be a bit smaller than singletons, so you will want a seat that fits tiny babies well. If you skip the infant seats, maybe try the Combi Coccoro. I believe it is rated down to 3 lbs. It is quite narrow, and also doesn't take up much space front to back when reclined for a newborn.

3mamasboys

He is 14 months old now and is 25 lbs and 33 inches tall. He's a big boy. Yes I was thinking of skipping the infant seats with the twins and doing the convertible seat first.

featherhead

He is 14 months old now and is 25 lbs and 33 inches tall. He's a big boy. Yes I was thinking of skipping the infant seats with the twins and doing the convertible seat first.

Ok, I would try the twins in Coccoros and the toddler in a rear-facing Diono Radian. I'm assuming you will load them in through the trunk?

3mamasboys

Right now they are 8 years old, 63 lbs and 4 ft 6 in. And 4 years old 33 (or 38 I can't remember) lbs and I wanna say maybe 40 inches tall. Sorry I have pregnancy brain

featherhead

Right now they are 8 years old, 63 lbs and 4 ft 6 in. And 4 years old 33 (or 38 I can't remember) lbs and I wanna say maybe 40 inches tall. Sorry I have pregnancy brain

What seats are they in?
I would think it might be handy to have the 8 year old in the back with the twins. He can pop in a soother, or just keep an eye on them.

featherhead

Is there a shoulder belt in the middle back? If not, you will need to put one of the littles there in a carseat. Two Coccoros should fit side by side if that is the case.

3mamasboys

There is in fact a shoulder belt in the middle. He is in a regular booster seat and the 4 year old I'd harnessed in a graco nautilus

featherhead

There is in fact a shoulder belt in the middle. He is in a regular booster seat and the 4 year old I'd harnessed in a graco nautilus

Ok, I would definitely try it then with the 8 year old and babies in the back. If his booster is too wide to fit, you could try the Dorel Incognito which is a new seat that is going to be released soon. It looks like it will be a great option for bigger kids.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC