reversible handle or seat stroller?

cookie123

Which would be preferred? I've read a bunch of old threads and it sounds like reversible handle is not great. But most threads are super old.

I'm thinking up to $300. I don't want a super heavy thing because it's hard for me to lift. And if it could stand up when folded that would be nice. It would be for the mall and sidewalks. How long do you think it would be nice to face Griffin towards me? I wish I would have done this when he was new.

ADS

ebp913

I would do a reversible seat stroller. The push will be better. Also, it would be nice if you can find one that folds parent facing so you don't have to turn the seat to fold it. The Baby Jogger Versa is really nice and often you can find a deal if you look around, try eBay, etc. Others that I know fold parent facing are the Bugaboo Bee (you could maybe find a used one in your budget) and the Peg Perego Book Plus.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm all about a good push in a stroller. Reversible seat.

Of course I mostly only value that personally for the first couple months, during which I want a carrycot/bassinet.

cookie123

I'm all about a good push in a stroller. Reversible seat.

Of course I mostly only value that personally for the first couple months, during which I want a carrycot/bassinet.

Of course!

My budget could be extended a little probably. We're celebrating a new lease on job security with a little splurge. DH is getting a coveted desk chair. LOL!

cookie123

Okay, I looked at those. I didn't care for the looks of the Bee. I like both the Versa and the Peg one. I liked that the Peg can stand up when folded. I think I could do the price of the Versa. Maybe even get a bargain through dh's work. I'll have to check. Maybe I could sell my City Micro, although there's about a thousand on CL already.

Any others to consider?

newyorkDOC

I have a bee and a BJCS and a micro and the bee push is A LOT better than the BJ push. Not that BJ is bad but the bee turns on a dime (much like my Quinny yezz...never tried other Quinnies though). I'm pretty sure there's a Quinny that has a reversible seat now isn't there? But it's got a two part fold I think, which I despise.

kaharris83

Versa has a fabulous push. I've got the GT wheels on mine, which BJ sells as a swap kit now, and it can tackle grass, gravel, mulch, anything I've thrown at it with ease. I've had it since February and love it. My 3yo old who stopped riding around 2 started again when I got the Versa because it parent faces. I also have the rider board on it for him to ride while baby rides too. It is a nice one handed push with my 35lb 3yo. I've never had the regular wheels on it but I've heard it pushes just as well with them. I don't care for the Bee either. IMO the Versa is better because the Bee has those tiny wheels that are useless for outdoors. And the Versa push is far superior to the Micro or the Mini. The wheels are totally different.

cookie123

Would I need the GT wheels? I doubt I'd be doing any off roading. I'm going to go to their website and check it out. And list my micro on CL.:)

ebp913

Would I need the GT wheels? I doubt I'd be doing any off roading. I'm going to go to their website and check it out. And list my micro on CL.:)

Yea maybe not. I would do the Versa personally and then you can always get the GT wheels later if you feel like you want them. The push is nice without them. I have actually heard great things about the Peg Book Plus push. Here's a review http://strollerqueenreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/peg-perego-book-plus-review.html

cookie123

Can a belly bar or a child tray and a parent tray go on the Versa? Neither get listed as a Versa accessory. I prefer the child tray for later.

cookie123

Just another one to throw at you...the Valco Spark is very similar to the Versa. Don't know anyone that has one yet, but I am a huge Valco fan and have had nothing but great customer service and products from them.

http://www.valcobaby.com/products/strollers/model/spark.html

Thanks. I've watched videos of both of the other ones. I'm going to check out that review that was posted too. I wonder if BUy Buy Baby has any of these. It's a bit of a trip, but I could check them out in person.

jordansmom

Thanks. I've watched videos of both of the other ones. I'm going to check out that review that was posted too. I wonder if BUy Buy Baby has any of these. It's a bit of a trip, but I could check them out in person.

I checked out the double version in real life and it still had some kinks to work out, but I think those things would only apply to the double version. For example, the seats were narrow and the way the fold got hung up.

I really liked the quality of the fabric, the all in one bassinet to seat (it was easy to do!) and for me has less pieces to store when not being used. Love the extendable canopy, reversible seat, etc.

Have fun stroller shopping!

kaharris83

The Versa has a belly bar or child tray that you can buy separately. You can fold the stroller with the seat facing either way and the belly bar or tray can stay on while folding. buybuy Baby does have the Versa. ITA that I wouldn't buy the GT wheels unless you find yourself doing lots of rough terrain.

Mercuria

I agree with the Versa. The one I tried pushes better than any other BJ. If I were to get a reversible, it would probably be that.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC