Nuna Pipa

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Baby Mama's Pipa came last Friday and I've been playing with it since. I was reading through the manual and came across something interesting. If I'm reading correctly, the manual is stating it's ok to install with both lower anchors AND the vehicle belt together.

Quote from page 21: "it is acceptable to install with both LATCH (lower attachments) and the vehicle belt."

Am I interpreting that correctly?

ADS

Baylor

That is what it sounds like to my untrained ears..

How do you feel about that?

And do we get to see it??!!!! :)

Mags462

this thread is worthless without pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

And yes, i interpret that sentence the same way you did - lower anchors and belt together are ok :scratcheshead:

Keeks64

My understanding is the vehicle MUST allow for both to be used too! I think only Ford so far specifically states they allow the use of both.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
My understanding is the vehicle MUST allow for both to be used too! I think only Ford so far specifically states they allow the use of both.

Yeah, I wouldn't do both without the vehicle allowing it as well. Especially given that the rigid LATCH gives a very secure install.

nannykates

The trend is for rigid LATCH seat to allow using both because since they don't share a belt path there isn't interference. While the rigid latch on that seat is cool I swoon over that lock off!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
isnt using both a pants over vest, double security

ive used both with my recaros...or even with my chico keyfit 20

Neither of those allow such use. As a rule most don't. And both vehicle AND car seat manufacturer must allow it, or you must not do it. So far the manufacturers that allow it either have rigid LATCH, or allow a tight LATCH install and then buckling and locking the belt without tightening- either way, so there isn't interference between the systems or a false sense of good install.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Ack! Sorry! Got busy with kids and stuff. Here's what I have available. I didn't get a pic of the lock off but I'll try to do that tomorrow when I go to Baby Mama's house again.

Initial thoughts:
Love it.
Base is super heavy, but the carrier itself isn't bad.
Dream drape is great, but the connecting magnets aren't as strong as I thought they would be. I think an older baby could easily get the drape off.
The release to get the carrier off is on the base itself which was a little awkward. Would just take a bit of getting used to.

Rigid LATCH install is ridiculously awesome IF your anchors are easily accessible and IF your vehicle seats are relatively flat. It went in like a dream in a 2012 Toyota Sequoia. I have a 2012 Sienna and it was more difficult. My seats are very sloped and my anchors are quite deep. Once I got the rigid LATCH attached the car seat was really upright. It was still within the manufacturers ok, but I would not have put a newborn at that angle. I didn't have a lot of time to troubleshoot the issue either.
Fabric is soft, but not plush. Seems easy to clean, but the black will definitely attract lint fuzzies.
Decently tall shell. On par with other larger infant seats.
Infant insert will be great for noobs, but isn't required at any time. The manual says to use the insert only if necessary to achieve a snug fit. There is also a removable low birthweight foam piece to help the fit with those really tiny ones. It's similar to Britax's, but not nearly as thick and chunky.

Overall I'm really impressed.

Attachments

• image-2879810752.jpg
    image-2879810752.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 79
  • image-3672351330.jpg
    image-3672351330.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-739937935.jpg
    image-739937935.jpg
    575 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2008659522.jpg
    image-2008659522.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
Yes, it comes with the guides similar to what Cybex made. The biggest problem was the fixed length of the rigid LATCH attachments. Even with the guides it was still hard to attach because of the slope, low anchors, and the length of the attachments.

Mags462

So have you played with an Aton as well? And if so which do you see as your front runner infant seat?

Those pics make me :drool::drool:

Genevieve

CPST Instructor
So have you played with an Aton as well? And if so which do you see as your front runner infant seat? Those pics make me :drool::drool:

Yes, I've played with the Aton. They are both awesome seats. For me, the Pipa edges out the Aton simply because I sparkly heart love the rigid LATCH. There's almost no way to mess it up. And, I think the Aton is kind of fugly..... *ducks*

Mags462

Yes, I've played with the Aton. They are both awesome seats. For me, the Pipa edges out the Aton simply because I sparkly heart love the rigid LATCH. There's almost no way to mess it up. And, I think the Aton is kind of fugly..... *ducks*

One last question i promise -

I haven't seen any weight stats for the Nuna yet - is it heavy? The Aton is so light and i really like that, but well the sunshade on the Nuna is tdf ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC