Question diono trade for britax?

ngaudry

would anyone be interested in trading a new radian rxt for a britax boulevard- zebra or Caitlin it was manufacture last dec. haven't even installed it yet as baby's still in bucket it's blue

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
this page is slow lol

There could be a few reasons people haven't replied:

1. there are less Canadian folks on here than US folks so your replies will be limited
  2. shipping within Canada can often be pricey if it's going more than a province away, so costs to trade can end up being pricey
  3. you're asking for a specific seat with specific cover choices, there may simply not be anyone that wants to give up those seats right now
  4. you're very new here so sometimes newbies have better luck buying then selling or trading. Buying a used seat is always a risk so unless you trust the person 100%, people won't buy used. Unfortunately, new people aren't known well enough to have built any trust yet. I see you said your seat was new, but again, the trust factor comes into play.

1mommy

Just also wanted to add that no one might be interested because Britax Boulevard is know for not lasting very ling if you plan on extended rear facing while Radian is one of the longest lasting, so don't get discouraged if no one wants to trade. You might have better luck selling your seat locally and then buying a used radian from a trusted source.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
mine brand new hasn't even been sat in yet my sons still in his bucket seat. :)

Right but I was saying that people don't know you so have no way of knowing that it hasn't been used, in an accident, etc. I am not saying you aren't being truthful, just saying that people here are cautious when trusting a stranger with their child's life.

1mommy

Just realized that I may have misunderstood you, that you have a Radian and are looking for a Britax. Disregard my post please. But you still may have better luck selling locally as shipping costs do put a lot of people off.

5littleH2OBabies

It may also be that most people on here are fairly knowledgeable about car seats and would rather rf longer and the Radian would do that where the Britax won't get most kids over average or better past two rf. You really would do better off Kijiji, I know people post ISO Radians all the time there.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
It may also be that most people on here are fairly knowledgeable about car seats and would rather rf longer and the Radian would do that where the Britax won't get most kids over average or better past two rf. You really would do better off Kijiji, I know people post ISO Radians all the time there.

Britax seats are very easy to install and typically fit in smaller vehicles. My almost 2 year old, who is 50th percentile for height on WHO charts, has tons of room over her head. She'll easily make it to 3, maybe longer.

Since the average kid is the 50th percentile, if it were true that only average kids made it past two (and I'm not certain if that's accurate), there are still 50% of kids who can make it well past. ;)

(Of course I'm just going on average overall heights not torso heights so there would be some variance there)

5littleH2OBabies

Lucky, mine aren't average. We're all a bit tall here so Britax hasn't been an option (sad, I love the covers). My youngest is done rf in her Radian soon, if not already. My family members have them, but they're a lot shorter. Ive had luck previously with sil Marathon in little cars, but I've also had my Radian in our Mini.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC