I just had one of those conversations...

ts_peach

i was at a garage sale and overheard a mom saying she wanted to make enough money to buy a booster seat for her dd who was 32 lbs. (i don't know how old) i couldn't keep my mouth shut and asked if she was in my state as law is that they have to be 40lbs and 4 years to be in a booster. I told her to check it out as when she conferrred with a few of her friends none of them seemed to know that was true, just that the law recently changed (which it did but only to add that they have to be in a booster until 8 years or 80lbs/or 4'9"). i got they impression that they didn't think there was any way i could be right, hopefully they'll get online and find out and it will keep a few kids safely harnessed who might have been promoted to a booster too soon.

i wish there was a way to educate people without sounding preachy.

ADS

veggiegirl228

Know what you mean about educating people with the preachy part. BRU should really be taught. They had a couple of infant seats selling that was out of a box (floor sample) i didn't even know it was legal to do that. I had to ask if they had a newer seat in the back, & that was only 1.5 mo newer. They must not sell them that much cuz at target I got one for DH's car and it was made 2 wks prior to my purchase!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC