Posting on facebook about child passenger safety

jjordan

Many of you already know this, but it is National Child Passenger Safety Week, and this coming Saturday is seat check Saturday. If you are the type (like me) to mostly avoid posting about CPS on facebook so as to avoid overloading your friends, this might be a good week to post a little something informative. If you have many local friends, you might consider advertising a local seat check event this Saturday. If you are looking for a good CPS article to link to, I found this one (just published yesterday) that I think is quite good: The Biggest Car Seat Mistakes Parents Make

Have a good CPS week! :)

Last edited:
ADS

D&L's-mommy

I try to control myself on the amount of CPS info I put on fb, but yesterday I did make a list of info about CPS and posted it on my wall, no one liked it, so I don't know if anyone even read it, but hopefully it will make someone check their set up

cookie123

No one has liked anything I've put up either. It's disheartening considering there are many friends of dd that have young kids. I don't think I've put up anything about rear facing or the 5 step test. I wish there was a cute 5 step test photo thing. In my opinion there's not enough of the 'why' which I know is hard to get in a very short message. And I'm not a fan of the FB thing saying how educated folks aren't buckling up their kids. I feel like that's just alienating people.

LuBaby16

I'm not a CPS tech...but I share info that I see from reputable sites. I get some likes about it. I feel compelled to share them because of the pictures I see of my friends children buckled in awfully! One pic recently, the child ONLY had the chest clip secured....at belly button level :/

Mysweethoneybee

I don't usually post about it because 95% of my friends on facebook don't follow even basic laws but today I posted about 5 step test and booster seat usage because of the dozens of kids in our neighborhood my kid is the only one that still uses a booster at almost 6 years old. My son is taller than the 10 year old so hopefully maybe some parents will see it and think about using a booster seat for their kids. I feel like I can't post about harness use, because a couple of weeks ago a friend posted a picture of their grand daughter in a cosco high back harness seat and the slots were below her shoulders so I mentioned maybe they should look at a different seat. So they took her to the yakima police department seat check this week and the police told them to take the harness out and just use it as a booster and she would be fine. She turned 3 in July. But I can't say anything because the police know more than I do. :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't post much CPS stuff on Facebook, but when I do, it usually gets an overwhelmingly positive response. I guess I'm lucky that most of my friends are very receptive to my advice and even seek it out. There are always a couple people whose photos make me cringe, but not many. I consider myself very lucky in that regard, which is unfortunate in a way.

ohiomommy08

I post car seat stuff occasionally - usually pictures of my daughter, for instance Taylor's first ride FF and she's 4+ years old! I just hope it might make someone think twice about their usage. I also comment when friends show a picture of correct usage! Maybe their friends will notice!

The best benefit of my occasional posts is that FB friends are starting to see me as an "expert" and I get questions on my timeline about which car seat to buy next!! Of course, I always refer them here:)

cookie123

Gosh, I sure hope you don't mean publicly! :(

Actually, yes! She doesn't take it too personally really. It was just a reminder to put the chest clip up. I figured it was good for her friends to think about, too. I promise I wasn't mean to her. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC