FR85 cover is driving me batty!

jennzee

Does anybody else have issues with it? The elastic that holds the cover to the bottom of the seat WILL NOT stay in place. I knotted them to make them tighter...still not working. It's like the hooks aren't deep enough for the elastic to hook tight.

View attachment 22920

Every time I fix it, the next time ds gets out of the seat, they pop back off. Then, because the lower part of the cover is being pulled, the part that covers the side wings slowly starts to slide off until the only place the cover is attached is at the red hooks on the side. Any ideas for a fix?

Last edited:
ADS

tl01

Oh yes! Britax got an was earful from me about it when it first came out. Eventually it got so bad that they sent me a new cover. I didn't really help but at least the new one looked better for a while. It seems to cause the cover to look badly more quickly.

jennzee

So, have you just been dealing with it? Or have you tried anything to make it stay put longer?

I'm considering selling it (really, it's more booster than we need right now, and the baby has at least a couple of years left in the CCO, I hope), I'd just like to not go crazy with it in the interim :)

amelia222

Yep, mine does the same and I'm always trying to hook those little elastics back on. Ours is in harness mode so at least the crotch buckle holds it on some.

jennzee

Yep, mine does the same and I'm always trying to hook those little elastics back on. Ours is in harness mode so at least the crotch buckle holds it on some.

Yep, it really started being a pain when we switched to booster mode. I thought it odd because we hadn't had any issues in harness mode. Maybe I should just switch it back to harness until I decide to sell.

canadiangie

So I would probably grab a piece of duct tape and create a 'bridge' from the peg to the shell so that the elastic could not slip off.

My frontier cover was forever slipping off the top. I called and they sent a replacement. There was no way I could fix things, though. I believe it was sewn incorrectly.

YinzerMama

A friend of mine suggests putting velcro under the cover - the rough kind - gives it something more to stick to. Can't see why it would be a problem. Mine stay on luckily.

Chila88

Yup. Happened all.the.time when we first got the seat a couple of years ago. Britax sent me a new cover but I didn't put it on cuz I figured it would do the same thing, so I may as we'll trash the old one first, and it only does it occasionally now. Once I switch to booster mode though I will definitely try duct tape or Velcro. Both sound like good ideas to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC