They wouldn't sell it if it wasn't safe.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
WRONG!!!!!

Dumb cuddle bags.. I had a mom tell me yesterday "I put my oldest in this and she was fine. I'm not going to do anything different this time. Besides, the hospital let me come home with it, and stores wouldn't sell it if it wasn't safe."

I was soooo annoyed. Just because something is sold doesn't make it safe to use with a car seat. (Meanwhile kids harness straps are falling off her shoulders but the cuddlebag doesn't interfere at all. :rolleyes: )

ADS

beebear23

Senior Community Member
I like to come back with "they sell pesticides too, but you wouldn't bathe your child in it, would you?" or something along those lines.

I always hate that line. Just b/c it's sold, doesn't mean it's safe..... And what is the cuddlebag? I've never heard of it..

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I like to come back with "they sell pesticides too, but you wouldn't bathe your child in it, would you?" or something along those lines.

I always hate that line. Just b/c it's sold, doesn't mean it's safe..... And what is the cuddlebag? I've never heard of it..

It's Jolly Jumper's version of the JJ Cole Bundle Me.
f
It had been a mom I was talking with in a store, and I really wanted to tell her it was her kid's life she was risking and walk away, but I figured it best to bite my tongue. :whistle:

I know not everyone appreciates unsolicited advice, but I only approach people in cases of gross misuse and introduce myself as a car seat tech. This lady immediately got an attitude... :rolleyes: I do hope she's never in a crash with her little one in the seat that way. Although I'd bet she'd be one to turn around and sue the company instead of taking responsibility for doing something unsafe.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, yeah, like all those safe cigarettes they keep selling...and alcohol... And was she in a catastrophic crash with her first dd in a cuddlebag? Then how does she know it's FINE?

Groaning with you....:(

elle7715

Just to show the other side...I used to think they wouldn't sell it if it wasn't safe too. :eek: But I've learned since then not tobe so trusting, especially when something is for sale. But I would NEVER be rude to someone who introduced themselves as a tech and nicely offered advice. I wish someone had said something when I was carting DD around in a Bundle Me and then gigantic strap covers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC