Whatis a good price for a Tripp Trapp?

T4K

I'm looking to purchase a Tripp Trapp, probably new. Found one on Albee Baby for $150. Good price?

I will scout around town but not much. I'm not much for bargain hunting at thrift shops. Lol.

ADS

Athena

$150 for a new one sounds really good to me. We paid a lot for ours. Although that model's finish says it needs to be retreated every 6 months. Anyone heard of that before? With my kids, I need a well sealed finish.

P.S. Where I live they are hard to find used and could cost close to that much anyway.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
$150 for a new one sounds really good to me. We paid a lot for ours. Although that model's finish says it needs to be retreated every 6 months. Anyone heard of that before? With my kids, I need a well sealed finish.

P.S. Where I live they are hard to find used and could cost close to that much anyway.

They had an anniversary edition that had an oiled finish, not a stain so it did need to be redone. Maybe that's the one you're looking at?

Athena

They had an anniversary edition that had an oiled finish, not a stain so it did need to be redone. Maybe that's the one you're looking at?

Yep. :)

It is the anniversary edition.

http://www.albeebaby.com/stokke-tripp-trapp-highchair-anniversary-edition-natural.html

So this is an oiled finish?

ETA: they have another one that's oiled so I don't think this is it. I may oil it myself anyway.

That's the one I saw too. Hopefully others can chime in who have actually had it. I'd be very interested to hear about how the finish holds up. We have the traditional finishes, with stain plus a good sealant on top I assume. Their regular seal seems good because they've held up great so far and it's been years and my kids are rough on wood that isn't sealed well. :rolleyes:

T4K

Yep. :)

That's the one I saw too. Hopefully others can chime in who have actually had it. I'd be very interested to hear about how the finish holds up. We have the traditional finishes, with stain plus a good sealant on top I assume. Their regular seal seems good because they've held up great so far and it's been years and my kids are rough on wood that isn't sealed well. :rolleyes:

I ordered it...I'll let you know!

T4K

I hope you love it! For what it's worth, my oldest is 7 years old and she still loves hers, uses it everyday, and I expect will use it for years to come. I hope you get as much use out of yours!

I missed out on almost 2 years of use! I hope she uses it for a loooong time. :) sounds like she will.

T4K

It's here and put together. I definitely had to oil it and it comes with a oil tub to do so! Ha! It's vegetable based so it sorta stinks. It says not to use it for 2 days after oiling but we will be using tonight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC