Snugride 22 Replacement Options

mainlobster101

I had JUST given away our infant seat when I found out I was pregnant. Luckily, a friend gave me her Snugride 22 platinum with the GracoPedic foam. It has been in the garage for about a month and today I took it out to wash and get ready for the baby. Well, the strap has been CHEWED almost completely through and the cover and memory foam are chewed also. I called Graco about replacement parts and they said they don't make the foam anymore so I can't get a replacement cover for the seat, only replacement harness.

So my question is: Can I put a regular Snugride 22 cover on my seat that was intended for the GracoPedic foam? I've found a couple replacement covers on Ebay but none have the same memory foam that mine has. I should have asked the Graco customer service lady about this but I was so frazzled at the moment. Thanks for any help! This is the seat we have: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Snugride-Infant-Seat-Platinum/dp/B0012W02OE/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1379091418&sr=1-5&keywords=graco+snugride+22"]Amazon.com: Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat, Platinum: Baby[/ame]

ADS

Jan06twinmom

I don't know the answer to your question about using a different cover. I think your best bet is to call Graco customer service to ask the question.

Do you know what chewed up the car seat? I'm not sure that I would want to use a seat that was so chewed up.

Also, are you familiar with the used car seat checklist? It would probably be good to look through the list to make sure your seat is safe to use if you get the replacement parts... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC