Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Snugride 22 Replacement Options

I had JUST given away our infant seat when I found out I was pregnant. Luckily, a friend gave me her Snugride 22 platinum with the GracoPedic foam. It has been in the garage for about a month and today I took it out to wash and get ready for the baby. Well, the strap has been CHEWED almost completely through and the cover and memory foam are chewed also. I called Graco about replacement parts and they said they don't make the foam anymore so I can't get a replacement cover for the seat, only replacement harness.

So my question is: Can I put a regular Snugride 22 cover on my seat that was intended for the GracoPedic foam? I've found a couple replacement covers on Ebay but none have the same memory foam that mine has. I should have asked the Graco customer service lady about this but I was so frazzled at the moment. Thanks for any help! This is the seat we have: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Graco-Snugride-Infant-Seat-Platinum/dp/B0012W02OE/ref=sr_1_5?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1379091418&sr=1-5&keywords=graco+snugride+22"]Amazon.com: Graco Snugride Infant Car Seat, Platinum: Baby[/ame]

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Snugride 22 Replacement Options

I don't know the answer to your question about using a different cover. I think your best bet is to call Graco customer service to ask the question.

Do you know what chewed up the car seat? I'm not sure that I would want to use a seat that was so chewed up.

Also, are you familiar with the used car seat checklist? It would probably be good to look through the list to make sure your seat is safe to use if you get the replacement parts... http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/usedseat.aspx
    Twins in boosters at 8yo: DS in hbb Sunshine Kids Monterey and nbb Graco Turbobooster. DD in hbb Graco Turbobooster, Recaro Vivo, and nbb Graco Turbobooster