Question Convertible carseat suggestions for trucks? Dbl cab Tundra

U

Unregistered

Looking around for convertible carseat for 10 month dd (17lbs 27.5" @9mos). She still fits in her infant seat but I'm shopping around now for a sale so I don't rush to buy one when needed. I'm really set on britax roundabout 55 unless anyone has suggestions otherwise. 2010 Dbl cab tundras have 4 drs but not as much frnt to bk room as the crew cab tundra. My main reasoning for rb55 is itcan tether rfing. I've read since I have a truck the closeness of the window is a concern and tethering can help prevent the rebound. I'm not sure if this is true maybe someone can confirm? Its just what i have found on other forums. Dd is on the small side so I'm not so much worried about her outgrowing it too fast. Britax can get pricey too and I've found at kohls with my coupon codes I can get it for $126 incl. tax free ship and it gives me $20 back in kohls cash (i shop there frequently) so for me it makes it $106. Thanx in advance I haven't found much help for truck carseat questions so finally decided to ask myself :)

ADS

MommyShannon

The RA55 is a great seat. I do like anti rebound though our truck's back bench is so small, I don't have room to tether ours. The Britax seats are great for small spaces and small kids. They are on the shorter side for rf and the RA55 is a little shorter ff than the other Britax convertibles, but at that price I think you'd be saving enough to be worth it. You will likely need a combo seat down the road for ff. My DD2 is on the smaller side and still fits at 3.5 years. Even though they don't have a ton of legroom, she doesn't mind it at all.

Last edited:
I

IVJsMom

Hopefully I will be able to rf tether. Theres a big head rest in front of the window but i dont know if that will help any in an accident. I don't mind having to get the combo seat later. Thank u for the help! :jive:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC