Would you use the Sureride?

kaharris83

So the thread about the harness coming off the splitter plate when the Sureride is forward facing made me pretty nervous. We had just used a Sureride rear facing for travel and I ended up returning it after people started reporting having their harness come off the splitter plate. I explained why I was returning it and that it was used and Kohl's had no problem taking it back. Anyway we are about to take another trip and I can't find another lighter weight travel seat that DS1 can fit rear facing in. He's about 31lbs and 38" tall. We have a Foonf and NextFit that he rides in at home. As of now we're thinking we'll take the Foonf, but I keep wondering if I'm being silly and the Sureride is fine rear facing. Obviously we have another DS who can use the Sureride rear facing when we travel once DS1 outgrows it rear facing. I just worry the harness may come off the splitter plate when it's rear facing too.

ADS

MommyShannon

I wouldn't be worried rf at all. You can easily check the splitter plate while tightening the harness rf. Its not a problem once the harness is tight. It's from pulling on one strap when its pressed against some vehicle seats.

tl01

We use ours forward facing. I tried to replicate it a zillion times in my car and then uninstalling it to see if it was getting messed up and it was always fine. We always tug it and check it when we uninstall it.

SavsMom

We use ours forward facing. I tried to replicate it a zillion times in my car and then uninstalling it to see if it was getting messed up and it was always fine. We always tug it and check it when we uninstall it.

This - I just make sure to give the harness an extra tug or two each time dd rides in the seat and have never had an issue.

kelkel2090

CPST Instructor
I've used one every day since they came out in January. Never a problem. We've had it Installed FF in three different vehicles.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yes. I am planning to buy one for a friend next week, in fact.

Those that have experienced problems have been able to get replacements from Evenflo. But most people are not having problems.

2BunniesMommy

We have one and bought it for MILs car, to be used forward facing with my almost 5 year old. I did explain the possible issue to MIL when I took the seat to her and showed her how to check and asked her to check the straps fairly often and for sure each time DD is in it. Went with it for the combo of price, easy install, and high slots.

mfrasier

I had an issue with mine, Evenflo replaced it. I use the new one ff. I check each time by tugging on the straps before and after its buckled up but have not had any issues since and I am comfortable with that as long as I am the one doing the double checking.

heather13619

I would give the harness a good tug or two before putting my kiddo in, but yes, I'd use one. I wouldn't worry about it RFing as it seems to be an issue isolated only to FFing use but FFing I'd just keep a good eye on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC