Question Britax frontier 90..pioneer 70 or graco argos 70

lj.17

I've narrowed it down to 3 seats. The only thing about the pioneer 70 is that I don't really like the carseat cover on it. I like the girly carseats. Other than that the graco Argos is about $100 cheaper than the the frontier 90. I've found it on target for $223 only problem is its sold online only. i want to just go purchase a seat and leave with it the same day. ill be going to toys r us tmr to purchase and will be getting rid of the evenflow chase LX pink hearts What are your thoughts on the three. Which seat would you choose.? any cons about any of them.? She just turned 3 in may and is 29 pounds.

Attachments

• image-731433092.jpg
    image-731433092.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 69
ADS

jgomez411

I've narrowed it down to 3 seats. The only thing about the pioneer 70 is that I don't really like the carseat cover on it. I like the girly carseats. Other than that the graco Argos is about $100 cheaper than the the frontier 90. I've found it on target for $223 only problem is its sold online only. i want to just go purchase a seat and leave with it the same day. ill be going to toys r us tmr to purchase and will be getting rid of the evenflow chase LX pink hearts What are your thoughts on the three. Which seat would you choose.? any cons about any of them.? She just turned 3 in may and is 29 pounds.

I have a Pioneer 70 and love it! My DD is almost 3 and she picked out the Gardengate pattern which is really pretty in person. I don't know that they sell that pattern in stores anywhere though. I paid $138 for it like 2 months ago and have no complaints.

Dorothy

I have a Pioneer 70 and love it! My DD is almost 3 and she picked out the Gardengate pattern which is really pretty in person. I don't know that they sell that pattern in stores anywhere though. I paid $138 for it like 2 months ago and have no complaints.

What jgomez411 said. :) Except, I didn't get quite that good of a deal.

We were never going to need the higher weight and height limits of the Frontier, and the Garden Gate pattern is a very pretty lavender and gray floral pattern.

Posted using the app. :)

Athena

How tall is she? Based on her weight, it sounds like the Frontier is not necessary. For my tall kids, the Frontier is the only way to go, but if we didn't need the height, I might go with something else (although I do love the clicktight). Is there a reason you don't want to buy online. I wouldn't have been able to afford the Frontier 90 in store, but online I paid $210, well worth it.

thepote

If your daughter isn't really tall the Argos would be a great seat, especially if you like the fabric options.

lj.17

How tall is she? Based on her weight, it sounds like the Frontier is not necessary. For my tall kids, the Frontier is the only way to go, but if we didn't need the height, I might go with something else (although I do love the clicktight). Is there a reason you don't want to buy online. I wouldn't have been able to afford the Frontier 90 in store, but online I paid $210, well worth it.

well I like the click tight as well. I'm not quite sure of her exact height. but no she isn't really tall but who's to say she won't be taller. I'm not sure. I really like the cactus flower print thgh. I've been reading reviews where ppl were saying the Argos buckle is a little hard to buckle I'm not sure about it. They've also said the position where it buckles between the legs is too close.

thepote

I think Graco recently changed the buckle to an easier one? Maybe someone can confirm. As for the crotch strap, yes, some people had issues. I never did. It's one of those things where sitting your child in it will tell you if it is going to work for you or not. I liked the Nautilus (Argos with less upgraded features) for ds3. It fit him really well.

Brianna

You've gotten good advice about the seats so far, I just wanted to address harness tightness. You shouldn't be able to pinch a horizontal fold in the harness at the collar, it looks like in that picture you have some slack that could be tightened up- pictures here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=49030. I would also straighten out the harness where it's folded over. And PS your DD is a cutie :)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
How about the Graco Nautilus? I saw a really pretty cover at WalMart recently.

lj.17

I think Graco recently changed the buckle to an easier one? Maybe someone can confirm. As for the crotch strap, yes, some people had issues. I never did. It's one of those things where sitting your child in it will tell you if it is going to work for you or not. I liked the Nautilus (Argos with less upgraded features) for ds3. It fit him really well.

yea were gonna go to toys r us later tonight. I guess I'll try her in a couple of seats.

lj.17

You've gotten good advice about the seats so far, I just wanted to address harness tightness. You shouldn't be able to pinch a horizontal fold in the harness at the collar, it looks like in that picture you have some slack that could be tightened up- pictures here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=49030. I would also straighten out the harness where it's folded over. And PS your DD is a cutie :)

oh yea i knw that should be tighter. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC