Anyone have questions for carseat company reps?

Rebekah

I will be attending the CPS Summit in Columbia, SC tomorrow. I don't know exactly which companies will be represented or how much time I'll have, but does anyone have questions that they might want answered from company reps? This is my first time going so I am excited!

ADS

MotoMommaNH

Yes!! Britax, when will they be coming out with a true ERF seat with either a taller shell or reinforced headrest? Its gotta be coming, right?

newyorkDOC

I'd like to know when Hauck is releasing the Varioguard (EU Seat). They keep delaying it and I need to decide if I should just get something else.

YinzerMama

Yes!! Britax, when will they be coming out with a true ERF seat with either a taller shell or reinforced headrest? Its gotta be coming, right?

Yes this. :) The RA55 would almost be OK if it was just a little tiny bit taller... It's like they almost decided to improve the classic marathon but not quite.

eta does Britax seek out children who are very small for their age for models??? Looking at the RA55 on the amazon page the kids sitting in it look 4-5 to me and have tons of shell above their head. Camera tricks?

Last edited:

Rebekah

Ok, so this was smaller-scale conference - still educational, just smaller. This was my first year going so I wasn't sure what it would be like. We had reps from Graco, Evenflo, and Britax. Sorry, but I don't have an answer to the Britax question. Their rep, Sarah, was doing most of the presentations for the event and was always literally surrounded by people. We did have a few sessions relating to CPS hot topics and new seats/features (not just Britax), but nothing was mentioned in these presentations. This was not an overly detailed session and seemed more aimed at the average police/fire/hospital tech who may not keep up with every new seat that hits the market. So in the end, I learned a little, but most of the info I had already seen on here or the blog. Sorry for not having answers.

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
I'd love to know if Diono has any plans to enter the combination or infant seat markets.

This was asked at a conference that I just attended earlier in the week. Allana Pinkerton wouldn't give a straight answer (saying plans cannot be revealed in front of competitors, other reps were present) but stated they are always looking into new ways to compete in the market or something along that line. Basically she neither confirmed nor denied.

YinzerMama

Chicco - nextfit - closeness of straps and those harness pads. Straps being so close wouldn't be so pad if pads weren't required. Harness pads wouldn't be so bad if straps weren't so close together. One or the other should change but ideally both if they really want this seat to work as long as the shell is capable of. It's the weak spot in an otherwise great seat.

Clek CPST

For Clek: When are the new Foonf crotch buckles coming?

Answering here since I saw the question:
There will be an adjustable crotch buckle available for purchase when our 2014 models become available. The last estimate I had prior to this was about a month's time, but it's looking like it'll be about 1.5 months more than initially thought. (This will be before the end of 2013 but I can't give a firm date as things can change - the buckle might still be available sooner than expected, but this is the info I have as of last week.)

We will post on our facebook page when the adjustable length crotch buckle becomes available for purchase.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC