Vent Britax is giving me bruises...

tinabobena83

Help! We got the Britax b-safe a few months ago in preparation for any foster placements. We finally received placement of a 3 month old a week and a half ago. Yay! But in using the carseat, I am finding that the part just below the logo on the side of seat is hitting my thigh while I carry it and I'm covered in bruises! I don't know what to do, as Baby will be in this seat for probably another year!

I got it to be compatible with our b-ready stroller, which I love, although it is quite heavy.

Any ideas? Any fellow bruisers? I'm just not so pleased. Otherwise we love the seat... :/

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The most ergonomic way to carry an infant seat is in front of you, with one hand on the handle and one hand at the foot of the seat. Otherwise, it's pretty common to whack it against some part of your body, in my experience at least :p

Congrats on the new placement!

tinabobena83

Thanks for the tip about carrying in the front. I honestly wouldn't have thought of that! Excited to try it tomorrow. Although I'm thinking getting out the door will be harder.

I never had this problem with my chicco keyfit that I used with my son and other former foster baby. That was a dream to carry. I guess I assumed all seats were equally easy, which was super naive of me and I should have thought of this ahead of time :p

jjordan

I usually carry mine on the side of my body, with my bent arm through the handle, semi-resting it on my hip. I usually need one hand free to hold a toddler's hand, so using both hands for the car seat is not a great option. I'm sure you'll find something that works!

tinabobena83

MaryAnn, yes! That's exactly it! Glad I'm not the only one, but also sad that it happened to you, too. And yes, jjordan I also usually carry mine on my hip so I can use my other hand to hold my son's or to open doors, etc. But that's how my thigh is getting bumped and bruised. It's a major bummer. Hoping I figure something out before my whole leg goes numb. Lol!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC