Looking for a tech:)

T

tymma

Just got our diono r120 and I am just having a hard time getting a right fit. Are there any techs near Olathe Kansas that would be willing to meet sometime this week and help me out?

I switched my 2 year old son from a britax marathon 70 to a diono r120 to keep him rear facing longer. He is about 34 lb 38in. The britax used a tether that connected the top of the seat to an anchor in the floor and the install was very tight and easy.

The diono does not say to use a tether and connect it to the floor. With just the one shoulder belt the seat seems to move a LOT.

I cant decide between two slots for the straps to go . I know it needs to be at or below but the below one is REALLY below and the other one is right at or almost above his shoulders.

The straps dont tighten very well. I can slip my whole hand between his shoulders and the strap and I have pulled the extra strap as tight as I can.

Am I doing something wrong?

ADS

creideamh

I'm in Lawrence and do checks in the KC area if you want to PM me. Switching from Britax to Diono can be pretty confusing. You can tether the Radian RF in the same manner as the Britax (it should've come with a D-ring to wrap around the front seat track like the Britax did.) Tightening the straps on the Radian is a tug-tug-tug motion instead of a smooth pull, if that makes sense! But yes, feel free to shoot me a message if you want to set something up. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC