05-09 grand caravan vs 07/08 mazda5

cdncasper

We have found out the flex is above our price range so looking at a grand caravan as a contendor to the mazda5 instead.

I have only driven 2004 and older caravans so not sure about the newer ones.
Looking at the stow n go options
Need to fit a double stroller\
2 kids everyday with up to 2 more on occasion
4 yr old harnessed in a Britax CT
18 month old RF in Britax Marathon

ADS

swtgi1982

We have found out the flex is above our price range so looking at a grand caravan as a contendor to the mazda5 instead.

I have only driven 2004 and older caravans so not sure about the newer ones.
Looking at the stow n go options
Need to fit a double stroller\
2 kids everyday with up to 2 more on occasion
4 yr old harnessed in a Britax CT
18 month old RF in Britax Marathon

stow and go is nice when looking to fit a double stroller and still have room in the cargo area for other stuff, the non-stow and go ones will fit a double stroller but FORGET ANYTHING ELSE!

Just know you will only have one top tether in the third row middle seat, and in both middle seat spots, so if you need more then one FF seat, you will possibly have to put RF in third row as nothing will fit likely with the frontier in the middle back there

swtgi1982

as to years, stay away from the 08 and early 09 models are there were serious issues with lack of engine space and over heating due to it, they corrected that mid year 09, your 08 and newer will have the three head rests in the back and three lap shoulder belts making all three seats usable by booster kids and older kids too. we got out 10 not but like 2,000 more then an 08 (actually it might have been less since we got a strip down model, no DVD no frills) and I love it I currently have two frontiers and two RF marathons in mine

Rosey

I love my 08 caravan. Love the stow and go. I've put over 40k miles in three years with lots of long distance driving and nO mechanical issues. I'm glad I got it over the 5 as I have used the extra space a lot.

The 08 and newer caravan have better crash test data per informedforlife.org

SavsMom

In your situation I would steer clear of the Mazda5 - doesn't seem as though you would have enough room. The 05-07 Caravan is the old body style. The new body came out in 08. There were some signifigant mechanical issues in the 08-09 models as pp have mentioned so I would look at a 10 if you can find one in your budget.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC