Axkid Kidzofix vs. Britax Two-Way vs. Foonf vs. Graco MySize vs. Truefit Premier

eduller

Just for the heck of it, I did a little comparison among all the car seats I own (minus the Axkid Minikid, but it's basically the same as the Kidzofix). I don't know who trashed my car, don't judge me. These are all in the second row captain's chairs of a 2010 VW Routan. Please note that she is not properly buckled into most of these seats. This is just for show.

The model: 2 years, 8 months. 41ish inches, 39ish pounds. 22.5 inches butt to top of head. Long torso, but her legs are starting to catch up. For comparison's sake, she is about the size of an average 4 year old. I am hoping the photos resize themselves because I lack the ability to do that. Sorry if they are huge.

Glamour shot of all seats:

KZ and TWE:

Graco, Foonf, TWE:

I'm sure we're all familiar with the stats of the U.S. seats.

TWE: 23 inch shell, 11 inch lowest slots, 16 inch highest slots. RF to 55 lbs and tips of ears even with top of shell.

KZ: 23 inch shell, 25 inches with headrest fully extended. 13 inch lowest slots, 17 inch highest. RF to 55 lbs and tips of ears even with top of head rest fully extended.

In Graco MySize - she has tons of height - about 4 inches for her to grow. But I just replaced this one due to the 40 lb RF weight limit. Due to the smallish footprint of the base of this seat and the way the bottom (sitting on) part of the seat protrudes, leg room is the most limited in this seat out of the bunch, though still ample and it is comfortable for her. This pic is with the headrest fully extended, not adjusted for her.

In the Truefit Premier - obviously outgrown due to her weight, but I put it in for comparison's sake. She would have about 3 inches left in height. It has better leg room than the Graco due to the seat depth and the anti rebound bar.

Foonf - she has about 2.5 inches in torso height to outgrow it RF, so I think she would make it to the 43" height restriction RF even with her long torso. Good legroom. She loves this seat the most because she can buckle herself in completely. She was starting to un-cooperate at this point, so not such good pics.

Britax Two-Way Elite - she has a half inch or so to the top of the shell, but she can RF until the tips of her ears are even, which I'm estimating should get her another like 4-5 inches ( ? ). I'm not quite sure the average distance between the top of the head and tips of ears, but even though she looks pretty close here, she has a long way to go in the TWE. This is currently installed with the "limited legroom" option, and she is still comfy in it. The seat has a little foot that flips down and basically perches the CR on the edge of the vehicle seat to give a TON more legroom, but I didn't get pics of that this time. It gives a good 4-5 inches of space. This seat is Swedish tethered, and it MUST be propped against the vehicle seat in front of it, as it doesn't have a foot prop.

Kidzofix - she has about 2.5 inches before her head is at the top of the headrest, and then she can RF until the tips of her ears are even with the top of the headrest. TONS of room. This will last her the longest RF. I am estimating based on her growth curve, that this will last her to 5.5. The seat does FF, but I don't think we will ever use that function as we will go from RF to booster. This is her everyday seat. Tons of leg room even installed with the "limited leg room" option. It is swedish tethered and has a foot prop.

I know not everyone has access to all of these seats all in one country, but I just wanted to give a comparison of some of the seats that are considered the tallest. I only wish I had a Radian and a Nextfit to throw into the mix.

Longest-lasting RF height-wise, in order of tallest to shortest: Kidzofix, TWE, Mysize, Foonf, Truefit.

Longest-lasting RF weight-wise, highest to lowest: Kidzofix/TWE, Foonf, Mysize, Truefit.

Longest-lasting RF in practice, according to my child's growth curve: Kidzofix, TWE, Foonf, Mysize, Truefit.

Easiest to install, based on me timing myself, easiest to hardest (taking into account that I have installed an uninstalled all of these seats 1 million times, so I am pretty fast): MySize - 1.5 minutes, Foonf 2 minutes, Truefit 2.25 minutes (the lockofss can be tricksome), KZ 4.5 minutes, TWE 4.75. - KZ and TWE only coming in last because of the time it takes to attach the tether straps. The TWE takes a little longer because of making sure it's firmly propped, but that may just be my OCD.

Let me know if anyone wants any more pictures or any other comparisons.

Last edited:
ADS

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Wow, thanks!

I have been DROOLING over the Axkid Minikid for my big 3 year old. I couldn't get a definitive answer about whether it would offer significantly more height capacity than the Radian, though. I think I can surmise from this that it will.

I think I need to have this discussion with DH again. Maybe if I sell some seats... LOL.

eduller

Yeah, the KZ has a significant increase over the Radian. My daughter pretty much doesn't fit in a Radian anymore. She would have a negligible amount of growth left in it.

The Minikid and Kidzone are cheaper than the Kidzofix. I actually wish I had gotten one of those instead of the Kidzofix because I was only able to really use LATCH/ISOFIX for a couple of months due to the weight of the seat plus her giant self. The Mini only rear-faces, but they are all the same shell. I have the Mini in my mom's Focus hatchback, and it fits amazingly.

Oh duh I just saw that you wrote Minkid and not Kidzofix. It has been a long day...

Last edited:

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Yeah, I only have one vehicle with LATCH and my daughter is already at the weight limit (it's a Honda) so the isofix would be completely useless for me. I am only interested in the seat for RF anyway, so I like the relative simplicity of a RF-only seat. We have lots of great economical FF options and if it could get her to booster age that would be a bonus too.

Aeryn just turned 3 a couple of weeks ago and is 40" tall, up to 40 lbs (fluctuates 38.5-39.5 naked now), and is starting to move into 5/5T t-shirts. She still has some growing room in the Radian and I don't intend to make any decisions until I see how old she is when she starts to approach their limits. But if she takes a growth spurt any time soon, I might want this for my Civic. I think I'm OK with her FF in the Suburban, but that little tin can of a car is another story.

laccaycol

oh man I want the minikid now well I wanted it before but now I really want it. My girls just turned 2 and are 35lbs 36 inches. and my 13 month old is 25lbs 31 inches.

I want 3 of them lol but really my 13 month old really needs a seat. hmm now how to pay for it lol.

eduller

It is one of the greatest tragedies of my life that the Truefit doesn't RF to 40 lbs (or more!!).

Brigala

CPST Instructor
It is one of the greatest tragedies of my life that the Truefit doesn't RF to 40 lbs (or more!!).

No kidding. I would recommend it a lot more often if it did. My daughter hit 35 lbs at about 2y3m. I was sure glad I didn't pick it back when she was a tall, lightweight 10 month old. How was I supposed to know she would put on all that muscle in her 2nd year?

ERFmama

This is such an awesome post!
Thanks for the comparison! :D
It's fun to see some of your American seats in comparison. :)
We have the TWE. Do you happen to know what the name of the pattern is on this TWE you are using?
I'm on a mission to find out what year they sold my pattern, which I have found out is most likely named : "Ellen".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC