current shoppers please help

twinstars

We just realized we need one more seat for another car and need to order this week. I don't know where/what to get. Is the Radian R100 at $180 from albeebaby a good deal? Would you go for a sureride over an r100? Is there another convertible seat that has a great deal right now and has great safety features?

I researched a lot about car seats when switching our kids from infant to convertible seats. I knew what prices and deals were best at that time and only a few months later all that knowledge is forgotten completely. Please help.

ADS

MotoMommaNH

I assume this is for rear facing use? How much does your child weigh? How tall?

The price on the R100 doesn't seem like a super great deal. If you are using it for rear facing and need the weight limit, the R120 and RXT both rf to 45 lbs vs 40 on the R100.

Is this just a spare/extra seat? Honestly I think the Evenflo SureRide is one of the best deals going right now, especially if you can find a coupon code/discount. It rear faces to 40lbs or 40 inches and is really quite easy to install.
It doesn't have all the plush/extra features of the Radian (memory foam, harness covers, rear face tether, insanely heavy steel frame) but we don't know if one seat is safer than the other because most testing isn't released and even if it is (Diono does) we have nothing to compare it to. Go with what's going to fit in your car and your kiddo and you'll use correctly every time!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC