kids' Lunch Container help! Any multi compartment that don't leak into each other and aren't too bulky?

Kat_Momof3

Wow! I wouldn't have thought they'd work that well. You said you found those in the dollar spot at Target? Was that recently? I should get some to make some of these other containers more usable. Regardless if I get an all in one fancy thing, it's still good to have options. And for $1, well I hope they still have them because they cost a lot more on amazon.

It was almost 4wks ago. I didn't see any when I looked the week before school when we stopped on the way home from her meet & greet to pick up a binder that hadn't been on the list that she needed, but I didn't look that hard.

I'd look and keep looking... you just never know when they are gonna pop up... I've heard of people finding them there before so everytime I've been there (which sadly isn't that often) I've looked because i knew I'd need them at some point.

I might even use them down the line for corn dog muffins or breakfast muffins... especially if I can get a total of 12 to bake them in batches.

ADS

Athena

It was almost 4wks ago. I didn't see any when I looked the week before school when we stopped on the way home from her meet & greet to pick up a binder that hadn't been on the list that she needed, but I didn't look that hard.

I'd look and keep looking... you just never know when they are gonna pop up... I've heard of people finding them there before so everytime I've been there (which sadly isn't that often) I've looked because i knew I'd need them at some point.

I might even use them down the line for corn dog muffins or breakfast muffins... especially if I can get a total of 12 to bake them in batches.

Thanks! Our store doesn't have them right now, but I'll keep my eye out for them. Sounds like a good thing to have around for different uses. :)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Yumboxes are back on Amazon!!! "In stock on October 14"

Is that what you ended up getting Athena?

I've got 2 PlanetBox Shuttles coming (PlanetBox has 30% off a Shuttle if you spend $30 on their web site so I bought replacement ice packs and sleeves and bought 2 Shuttles at 30% off). So if you or anyone else wants some feedback on them once they arrive, let me know and I'll remember to post my thoughts.

Athena

Is that what you ended up getting Athena?

I've got 2 PlanetBox Shuttles coming (PlanetBox has 30% off a Shuttle if you spend $30 on their web site so I bought replacement ice packs and sleeves and bought 2 Shuttles at 30% off). So if you or anyone else wants some feedback on them once they arrive, let me know and I'll remember to post my thoughts.

I did put in an order for two yumboxes yesterday, although they won't be shipping until Monday. :( Right now we really need the additional compartments it offers. One of my DDs is driving me crazy being OCD about her foods contaminating each other and then she won't eat any of it (and wonders why she had a bad day). :rolleyes:

However, the shuttle was my second choice (if it only had more dividers ...) and I do like that it's not plastic, so I would still really like to hear how they work out. If you could share if it fits enough food for lunch and if the divider keeps the foods separated completely, that would be super helpful. Thank you!

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
However, the shuttle was my second choice (if it only had more dividers ...) and I do like that it's not plastic, so I would still really like to hear how they work out. If you could share if it fits enough food for lunch and if the divider keeps the foods separated completely, that would be super helpful. Thank you!

Sure thing! With regards to keeping foods separate, I suspect it's the same as the other PlanetBoxes where dry foods stay completely separate but something that has liquid pooling from it could spill over. The Shuttle set does come with a tall dipper which is perfect for any dips or even a small serving of yogurt, apple sauce, mashed berries, rice pudding or other puddings etc. And that seals in the product so it's leakproof.

So, you could stick the tall dipper into the large or small side which gives some more division to the compartments. I know some people use the silicone cupcake liners as separators as well. I'd think you would want ones that were tall enough to reach the lid so things wouldn't spill if it was flipped over.

I hope that the YumBoxes work out for you though so you aren't forced into getting something else. Buying multiple lunch box ideas gets pricey! I've got a boat load of other stainless steel and glass containers that I bought prior to all this PlanetBox stuff and it just takes up space in our drawers and makes me feel bad for wasting resources buying new things. The other containers are good, just didn't work well for us, so I really should sell or give them away to someone so they get use.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Got my Shuttles today. They are SO cute! The girls love them. The older one reads "PlanetBox" on the bag and then exclaims, "HEY! These are mini PlanetBoxes!" Yes, yes they are. :ROTFLMAO:

Athena

Got my Shuttles today. They are SO cute! The girls love them. The older one reads "PlanetBox" on the bag and then exclaims, "HEY! These are mini PlanetBoxes!" Yes, yes they are. :ROTFLMAO:

:)

We received our new yumboxes yesterday too. Although they list the dimensions and weight, so I should have known, they were larger than I'd realized. They leave little space in their lunch packs, so I had to pack them full of food and hope will be enough to cover both snack and lunch. We'll see how it goes today. If they fit enough for both, then I think we can make it work. They do look really cool and I found packing a tray much easier than trying to piece together containers, so I really hope the kids find they work today.

Athena

Just reporting back .. Although we've only had the one day to test them out, the kids seemed to be happy with their Yumbox experience and they reported having enough food in there for both snack and lunch yesterday. Yay!!!

Phineasmama

We have Crocodile Creek lunchboxes and I can fit a yumbox, a chocolate milk box, a packet of Annie's bunny crackers, and a squeeze pouch of applesauce all in there.

Athena

We have Crocodile Creek lunchboxes and I can fit a yumbox, a chocolate milk box, a packet of Annie's bunny crackers, and a squeeze pouch of applesauce all in there.

Yum! Thanks! Our packs are probably about the same size and we can make it work. We can fit our small reusable drink bottles (instead of funtainers) along with reusable snack bags (going to buy more of these). We love the items you mentioned, but here those 3 items alone cost at least $2 and I need to bring down our lunch costs. With the avocado plus Greek yogurt I've been sending, I was already wondering if I'd be better off buying them school lunches. :eek: Anyway, I really do like a lot of things about the Yumbox. I just wish it were 1/2 inch smaller and lighter, but I love the tray, the clasp, the silicone seal, etc.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC