Sure Ride has arrived at BRU Canada

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I'll post some pictures from my phone after I've typed this out.
The important stuff:
- 5-40lbs rf'ing, up to 40".
- 22-65lbs ff'ing

Recline stand is very different and to put the seat in to upright mode involves flexing part of the shell - I took pictures of the area that gets flexed and how it moves.

Canadian seats have a loop of velcro essentially that is bolted to the seat and has to be looped around the recline stand when the seat is used rf'ing. I'm guessing the recline foot must be active in the ARB control in some ways. Interesting bottom of it and I can foresee it leaving serious indentations in vehicle seats or if leather is fragile, potentially cracking it.

I haven't had a chance to see a kid in one yet, and haven't helped any families test it in their vehicles, so no feedback on anything else yet, but the recline stand and the rf'ing limits were the big things that stuck out to me in the few minutes I had to look at it.

(Babyfest = no time to read a car seat manual, such a sad sad day. ;) )

Oh - the seat is called the Sureride and the Titan 65 in Canada. No clue if there'll be padding differences or anything between models, but both names are on the manual.

Last edited:
ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The only thing that sounds different from the US is the velcro. That's pretty awesome!

What's the price up there?

In the US the LATCH limit is 55 lbs child weight on the SureRide, is it the same there?

snowbird25ca

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• image-1009272395.jpg
    image-1009272395.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 84
  • image-1649253408.jpg
    image-1649253408.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 83
  • image-1484899354.jpg
    image-1484899354.jpg
    486.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1079873942.jpg
    image-1079873942.jpg
    425.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image-2617433997.jpg
    image-2617433997.jpg
    443.9 KB · Views: 76
  • image-2122615444.jpg
    image-2122615444.jpg
    431.2 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3384933044.jpg
    image-3384933044.jpg
    502 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3490939635.jpg
    image-3490939635.jpg
    502.9 KB · Views: 68

snowbird25ca

The only thing that sounds different from the US is the velcro. That's pretty awesome!

What's the price up there?

In the US the LATCH limit is 55 lbs child weight on the SureRide, is it the same there?

I'm not sure - I really had no time to read the manual but grabbed a few key pieces of info and read how to make the seat upright - I reclined it and couldn't figure out how to put it back upright - I've never seen that kind of recline before and I don't think I would've thought to purposefully flex the seat shell if the manual hadn't said to do it. I predict our display model getting damaged fairly quickly...

It's $139.99, so about par for the course I guess?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The unreclining got me, too, the first couple of times I did it.

$99.99 down here, so at least it's not twice as much up there?

It's really a great budget option for HWH- with 19" top slots and all. I've found it pretty simple to install FF as well (trickier RF.)

SnoGurl

I was at my BRU yesterday and it wasn't displayed-- I would have loved to see it! Hopefully I get back there in a few weeks. Glad to hear it arrived though!

smackeen

The recline foot is interesting and I love the low bottom slots andhowto use crotch strap for a newborn.

This seat looks like it would really fit a littly bitty baby.

Keeks64

Nice to see its finally here :)

Those RF pictures do look like it might do some damage to vehicle seats though! Yikes!

At least we have a decent budget seat that RF's to 40" now :D

Keeanh

Thanks Trudy!!

Totally OT, but as I was reading your post, my 3yo was pointing at the pics in your siggy and saying "Stop looking at me!". :ROTFLMAO:

Manda

I'm looking for a seat for my 17 month old who is 24lbs and 32.5 inches currently.
Would this be a good option and is it a narrow seat??

careynj

The one I saw didn't have a manual but the back indicated that only the lowest three slots are useable to rear face. So did the manual I downloaded. If anyone could confirm which is correct that would be awesome.

smackeen

The one I saw didn't have a manual but the back indicated that only the lowest three slots are useable to rear face. So did the manual I downloaded. If anyone could confirm which is correct that would be awesome.

Canada - bottom 3 slots for rear facing only.

US - bottom 4 slots and the 4th slow can be used for rf or ff.

The manual had rules for Canada only, US only and for both. Pretty easy to follow though.

SnoGurl

Anyone know if it will be showing up anywhere but BRU? I'm hoping it's not an exclusive and will show up closer to me (which means Target or CT, but I'm willing to drive to Wal-Mart or Sears).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC