Question Carseat for Subaru Outback 2006 and overseas travel

A

althea0372

Hi,
Our son has outgrown his snugride 30 (he's reached the height maximum) and we are on the look for a new car seat for our Subaru Outback 2006. We need to update our car with a convertible carseat. However, we are also leaving for Italy (10 day trip), where we'll be renting a car and driving for a portion of the trip and will need a car seat for the flight and the car rental. We'll be staying in 3 different locations some of which will not be in the rental car. My first thought was the Combi Coccoro but I realize as my son is about 32 to 33 inches already (approx 24 to 25 lbs), it's not an ideal purchase since we'll need to replace it at some point soon. Any thoughts on a car seat that is not terribly large that will fit in our car but will also be manageable to travel with (and that the airline will allow on the plane)?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Becky

ADS

NewEngland

Coccoro was the first thing that came to mind, unfortunately :( i know it fits well in that car, since I've got one in thr backseat of mine now. Safety first Guide 65 would probably fit. I don't own one, but I've heard good things about it fitting in small spaces, and its light for travel. Any of the Britax seats should fit, but they're short and often outgrown early (and heavy, I wouldn't want to travel with one). A First Years True Fit will also work, but it's also wide and heavy, so I wouldn't want to travel with that one either.

Cnidaria

The Cosco Scenera is inexpensive, lightweight and makes a fantastic travel seat. If you buy it at a brick and mortar store it comes in a zippered bag with a handle, even. It might make sense to get a Scenera for your trip, have that be your travel seat and then work on a "real" seat when you get back.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC