Foonf no longer has magnets....

emandbri

I did a search it doesn't look like this has been discussed. I helped someone from a message board and she ended up with a foonf, she couldn't figure out why the magnets weren't working and called them and was told parents said the magnets didn't work well so they stopped putting them in.

ADS

AK11161217

I know. It sucks. I got 2 last month. DD's pink had a DOM of 12/12 and had magnets. When I tried using DS's I noticed his did not. His DOM was July or Aug 2013. I looked it up and they phased out the feature 3/13. :rolleyes: At least DS puts his arms in the harness himself usually. I'm glad DD's at least has the magnets because she doesn't help herself get situated in her seat yet. I was actually close to calling to tell them I thought a defective foonf because it had no magnets until I did that research and seen they stopped putting them in. Oh well, I guess I have one with magnets that will expire sooner and one without magnets that will have a longer life. I wasn't happy about it though. The magnet feature weighed into my pros and cons list when deciding whether or not to buy them.

YinzerMama

Why wouldn't they use better magnets instead of just removing a feature? Did they really not work? I was thinking this post was going to say people were afraid kids might eat them so they did away with them. Sounded like a neat feature to me.

Phineasmama

I never use mine. And I never use the Velcro on the britax seats either, that kind of feature has never seemed to work out for me.

Persimmon

We never use ours. It is easier to loosen the harness a lot and leave the buckle tongues over the sides of the seat so DS can climb in and put the harness on himself. We did use the velcro on DS's old BLVD 70 at first but that was when he needed to be loaded into the seat and the harness wasn't as easy to pull out so far. I like the holders that Brtiax has on the Mutli Tech the best of any method.

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats/multi-tech-2

YinzerMama

We never use ours. It is easier to loosen the harness a lot and leave the buckle tongues over the sides of the seat so DS can climb in and put the harness on himself. We did use the velcro on DS's old BLVD 70 at first but that was when he needed to be loaded into the seat and the harness wasn't as easy to pull out so far. I like the holders that Brtiax has on the Mutli Tech the best of any method.

http://www.britax.co.uk/car-seats/car-seats/multi-tech-2

Are they little clips? I have seen a few seats with similar. I know the peg convertable has elastic straps. I know I saw clips somewhere but I am drawing a blank.

I have found the velcro in the britax seats I think most useful when reassembling a seat after washing the cover to make sure I hook everything up right. Somewhat useful sometimes with a kid. So nice but not a deal breaker to have or not have. The magnets seem like they would kind of automatically draw the straps into place with unbuckling which could be helpful vs having to put the straps where they belong. Which could be nice. Plus, hey, magnets! That's science! Who doesn't love science? :)

Persimmon

Are they little clips? I have seen a few seats with similar. I know the peg convertable has elastic straps. I know I saw clips somewhere but I am drawing a blank.

They are like little rubber pockets/sleeves. If you look at the link they are the gray rectangularish things with a hole in the middle on the sides of the seat. The buckle tongues slip into the hole and get held in place. I have only played with them on someone else's seat so haven't used them long term though.

ETA: This video has a shot of them at 0:58
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN2phpgZ4Cs"]Britax MULTI-TECH II FR - YouTube[/ame]

YinzerMama

Oh that does look nice and easy.

As an aside the name multi-tech always makes me giggle a little. I picture some weird carseat swiss army knife combo, like the car seat has tools that you can pop out of it.

Mama!

Can i ask a stupid q about the anti rebound bar?

Does it snap in and lock on its own when you push it, or do you have separate locking clips/pins you slide through holes to secure it?

Manual sounds like there are two "pins" you put on?

Stelvis

Does it snap in and lock on its own when you push it, or do you have separate locking clips/pins you slide through holes to secure it?

It's a huge #%%#!!?~}>ing pain in the @@$. You push it in which is hard, and then you put in two pins, which is hard. Took me 45 minutes of swearing to get those pins in, the holes don't quite line up or something.

Persimmon

They snap in and lock in place with a tab on the end of the bars. Then you slide pins in through holes in the bars. The pins are held in place by cotter pins--at least I think that is what they are called.

Here is a video:
http://www.clekinc.com/support/documents/clekus000059/

ETA: cross posted. It is easier if you flip the cotter pins the other direction if you are having a hard time. I think the straight side goes on the inside. I can get my bar secure in about 5 minutes. The holes on mine line up though.

T4K

Yeah. You really have to ram it in. Clek has said it's secure without the pins (mine feels like it is) but the pins weren't hard for me to put in at all.

creideamh

The pins weren't hard for me either (small hands) but I had my dad put all his weight into attaching the dang bar.

Persimmon

The pins weren't hard for me either (small hands) but I had my dad put all his weight into attaching the dang bar.

You just have to not be afraid to give it a good bang with the heel of your palm. I had to have customer service at Clek hold my hand for that part the first time because I was afraid I would break something.

creideamh

You just have to not be afraid to give it a good bang with the heel of your palm. I had to have customer service at Clek hold my hand for that part the first time because I was afraid I would break something.

Bahaha I must just be weak, cause I knew that and tried it! ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC