Radian rxt wings?

YinzerMama

I had an open box cobalt rxt ordered that I just cancelled because I panicked over the wings. I loved the color. And the idea of a place to rest the head. But I am reading about wings crowding the shoulders as the child grows taller.

If the wings caused your child to outgrow the rxt, any guess how much more growing room he/she would have had in the 120?

If you have the 120 how does the depth of it (at the head area) compare to a classic marathon? Does your child sleep well?

I want it primarily for rear facing, child is 2, sleeps in car a lot.

The 120 doesn't seem to come in any spiffy colors right now, only two grays - one slippery, one plush, that I can tell. "Discontinued colors." Not sure if that means they are nixing the 120 in favor of something new or what.

I am hoping to make this work on the center seat of our Odyssey and the longer I can use that seat the longer I can keep an outboard seat flat for extra easy 3rd row access. So while with wings might get me plenty long enough rf, I want to know how much difference it makes for FF as well.

ADS

#1babysitter

I'm a nanny for a 2 yo boy and he rides RF in the XTSL (older version of RXT) in my car. He sleeps in the car ALL the time and this is the first car seat he can in comfortably! Before I got the XTSL I briefly had the 65SL which is like the R 120 and doesn't have head wings. He was MISERABLE the first time he rode in it because he fell asleep and had horrible head slump so he kept waking up! I wouldn't trade the head wings in for anything! LOVE them!

lpperry

My 4 year old and 2 year old are in RXTs with the wings and we have no problems with it. The 4 year old rearfaced until 4 and now forward faces. I thought I wouldn't like the wings and almost didn't get that seat. However, the non-wing ones had boring colors, so I gave it a try. Love the wings!

YinzerMama

I pretty much sat on Amazon all day until that cobalt open box one reappeared. I tried to convince myself gray was OK but I am glad I held off... Hope it does the trick for us! Now if the angle adjusters would just come back in stock...

There is also a purple one I tried to convince myself would be OK... :) It's for a boy though and I think I want that slippy fabric instead. Shake things up a bit.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My now-seven-year-old DN rode comfortably in my RXT until she was about six. The wings didn't bother her in the least.

My now-five-year-old DN still rides in my RXT and LOVES the wings. He calls them his "pillows."

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC