Well I learned something new

cowgirlsmommy

I asked Nuna why the stability leg cannot be used in seating positions that have floor storage compartments and this is what I got back...

The reason for our guidance on the floor storage position is driven from the fact that it hasn't been tested. I'm told the motor vehicle association doesn't have a suggested test method drafted. Therefore, we're not sure what stress factors will be in that position.

Scary that they can't test that.

On another note I'm finding it very funny to see sites talking about the strange and unusual leg on this seat. If only people knew how common they were in other parts of the world.

ADS

thepote

Hmmm interesting. Does it only apply if the leg is on the compartment cover? I don't think the leg would be on the cover in my Odyssey captains chairs but it would be awfully close.

Not that I will ever need an infant seat ;)

YinzerMama

Do many cars have storage in the floor? Our ody is the first car I have had with that. The spare tire is there. I think it's a horrible place for a spare tire and hope I never have a flat...

MotoMommaNH

Do many cars have storage in the floor? Our ody is the first car I have had with that. The spare tire is there. I think it's a horrible place for a spare tire and hope I never have a flat...

Yeah a lot of the newer SUVs are comingvout with them too.

keri1292

Yeah, we have a Chrysler Town & Country with Stow and Go. The cover is just plastic. It would never hold.

cowgirlsmommy

My dodge grand caravan has in floor storage for the whole 2nd row. It's metal and plastic covering it.

creideamh

Tons of European cars have underfloor storage. All the Euro ERF gurus say if the foot prop doesn't reach to the bottom, then fill it with solid things like phone books (or 1 car mfc actually sells something to fill it.) I don't know exactly which seat mfcs say that's ok since it isn't applicable to me, but that's the most common solution.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC