Nextfit harness?

Mom2Connor

I believe I read that it can't be removed and thus, replaced. If this is accurate, how do people feel about this? I personally would totally rule this seat out based on that. I have never had a bad vomit in a seat, but I can't afford to buy a whole new seat if that happened vs buying a new harness. Especially on such an $$ seat.

What other seats don't allow replacing the harness?

ADS

MommyShannon

I have mixed feelings. I like the idea of replaceable harnesses. I had two kids that got car sick a lot until they were 2 or so. I actually never had to get rid of a harness though. Wiping down and airing out in the sun took care of it. I had a spare for one seat which was nice so I could put the seat back before airing out the harness, but I still use the original harness.

YinzerMama

I think this seat has the potential to be one of the best seats in the US, but it has two huge negatives imo. The harness pads and the harness not being repacable. It's a really expensive seat to chuck if something happens to the harness.

i think the true fit might have a non-removable harness?

Yeah this aspect bothers me.

cryswilkins

In 7 years of parenting I've never had to replace a harness. So not a big deal in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone and probably NAK, please excuse my typos.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
I've had to replace 3 harnesses so far: 1 from when DD had a stomach bug, 1 from when DS had motion sickness issues, and 1 that was fraying. Because of these issues, I'm more concerned about seats with harnesses that can't be replaced than I was in the past. :)

YinzerMama

I have replaced harnesses due to puking. I have also in the past washed harnesses due to puking. **I know now you are not SUPPOSED to but sometimes spot cleaning doesn't cut it.** I almost wonder if this design was meant to keep people from washing the straps? If so it might have been a cut off your nose despite your face move. If I can't/shouldn't wash, I want the option to replace, given a worst case scenerio.

I also have harness straps that have gotten kind of frayey - the seat is going to be tossed soon so I am not super concerned - but it's only 5 years old and the Chicco is supposed to last till 8. I don't want a harness that will konk out before the seat expires.

And what if there is a buckle issue? Graco had to have people ship back and then replace the entire seat for some of the earlier My Rides when there were buckle issues.

What if someone puts it in storage between kids and mold grows on the soft parts?

Knock wood, my girls have been in frontiers for 2+ years and those straps have never been puked or peed on - but you never know.

I think it's worth being concerned over. A part that should cost under $20 could result in the whole seat being worthless. I know you could argue ANY part of the seat might go bad and not be replacable but... Straps seem like a no brainer to me.

I haven't ruled the seat out based on that but it is one of the issues I hope they change in the next year or so. The pads were originally wipe clean only, non-removable, but then they decided if you call they will give you the directions to remove them / replace them. Maybe there are secret directions for the straps, or maybe they will change the design. Or maybe buying this seat will just have to be a gamble.

My kids seem really prone to stomach bugs so it makes me a little nervous...

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC