Pronounciations

smackeen

I was driving home this evening and was thinking of the diffent company name pronounciations. Random, I know. :eek:

Are these correct?

Graco = gray co

Chicco = key co

Foonf = foon ff

Clek = as written

Diono = die ono or dee ono?

Britax = brI tax

Am I missing some?

ADS

tiggercat

Diono is DEE o no, though when it first changed to that I kept seeing DIE OH NO! Which is a pretty awful name for a safety related company, lol.

Britax is BrEYE tax

There is Dorel and all of their other names, pretty standard pronunciations.

Tomy sounds funny to me, TOE me not TOM me like I originally thought.

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

SnoGurl

Diono is DEE o no, though when it first changed to that I kept seeing DIE OH NO! Which is a pretty awful name for a safety related company, lol.

For the longest time, I read it as that as well. Same with the Kiddy Cruiserfix, I always read it as Kiddy 'Crucifix'.

And evenflo, which I have to coach myself not to say 'evanflo'.

twinsmom

The Jane company that made (makes?) the Indy seat, I always pronounced like the woman's name. But it's actually HA - nay.

HA-nay Indy just doesn't sound as cool as Jane Indy.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Same with the Kiddy Cruiserfix, I always read it as Kiddy 'Crucifix'.

:ROTFLMAO:

I mispronounce Peg Perego. I'm well aware of how it's (supposedly) pronounced, but I don't like it, so I intentionally mis-say it. I say per-EGG-o, but I guess it's really PAIR-egg-o. It just flows better my way.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
So is Dorel pronounced Dor-ELLE, DOR-il, or some other way?

I do know Eddie Bauer is pronounced Cosco. :p

tiggercat

:ROTFLMAO:

I mispronounce Peg Perego. I'm well aware of how it's (supposedly) pronounced, but I don't like it, so I intentionally mis-say it. I say per-EGG-o, but I guess it's really PAIR-egg-o. It just flows better my way.

This I didn't know. I have always heard and said it per-EGG-o, never really considered that it might be anything different!

thekatie

This I didn't know. I have always heard and said it per-EGG-o, never really considered that it might be anything different!

I tend to say, "peg pair-E-go... PAIR-egg-oh... per..... THAT carseat/stroller."

I have never heard Britax pronounced any way other than "brih-tax" and even knowing that's wrong, that's still how I say it.

I never heard Combi out loud until calling them for a Coccoro question. I had always said "comb-bee" but I think the recording while on hold was "comm-bee"?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I tend to say, "peg pair-E-go... PAIR-egg-oh... per..... THAT carseat/stroller."

I have never heard Britax pronounced any way other than "brih-tax" and even knowing that's wrong, that's still how I say it.

I never heard Combi out loud until calling them for a Coccoro question. I had always said "comb-bee" but I think the recording while on hold was "comm-bee"?

It's COM-bee, as in "combination." Well, combeenation.

thekatie

It's COM-bee, as in "combination." Well, combeenation.

Right. Short for combination, it did say that (I had forgotten that lol). But I still say comb-bee (like "I will COMB my hair after I'm stung by a BEE"). My sole (inadequate) defense is no one I've ever met IRL has heard of or seen a Combi carseat for certain, and I don't think a Combi stroller either. They don't know I'm butchering it :-/

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
As a BRU employee, I had to watch a big long product knowledge video about a Peg Perego stroller we don't sell. I suspect it was a covert way to teach us to say Pair-ago. (Nice stroller, though, lol, and pronouncable, Book :))

jacqui276

Even though I know it's wrong, I say Britax "brih-tax" too and can't bring myself to say it "breye-tax". It sounds odd to me and I've never heard anyone pronounce it like that.

I also say chicco "cheek-o" even though I know that it is wrong. "Kee-ko" sounds weird. :cool:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC