Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Lincoln mkx question

We have a Lincoln Mkx (2008). It does not have a center latch system but can we borrow from the sides? I'm not sure how that works. Thanks!! Oh, and I can't find anything in the manual.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Eckielady View Post
    We have a Lincoln Mkx (2008). It does not have a center latch system but can we borrow from the sides? I'm not sure how that works. Thanks!! Oh, and I can't find anything in the manual.
    You can use the inner anchors from the outboard latch in the center. The spacing is 18.1 inches. What seat do you have? The spacing is not standard so the car seat manufacturer has to approve use of the restraint with non-standard spacing.
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

Re: Lincoln mkx question

We just bought the Graco my size 70

Unfortunately, the Graco MySize70, Size4me70, and clones have the InRight LATCH system which is not to be used with non-standard spacing.
    Rachel - CPST-I and Mommy to:
    Tripp - 12/22/07 48" and 45# FF FR85
    Aubrey - 11/20/09 38" and 33# ERF in an XTSL
    Bella- 7/13/11 33.5" 24#- XTSL and MySize70

This doesn't mean you can't install center. Just have to use the seatbelt to install. :-)
    Michelle