Well that's not good - Broken Kiddy - UPDATE #21

glockchick

I was putting the Kiddy Cruiserfix in the car and this happened. I must have grabbed it just right or something.

The pieces close to where they should be.

This is what it looks like with the cover holding it on.

I am sad. I haven't had a chance to call Kiddy about it yet because I've been at work since it put it in. I hope I can just tape it but I'm guessing that won't be the case since it's only foam at the top of the bolster. :(

Last edited:
ADS

glockchick

Re: Well that's not good

I almost am. Waiting to talk to Kiddy before I flip my s**t entirely. :sick:

Thing is, I wasn't even being rough with it. I must have happened to hit or grab it the wrong way or something. I'm not even really sure how it happened. One minute I was setting it in the seat, the next I hear the foam pop and it looked like this. :scratcheshead:

Baylor

So what I am seeing is that there is only foam that is the side wings with no inner support?

glockchick

On the top half yes. I'll go out and try to take a better picture. Those were taken in a hurry when it happened.

glockchick

Ok. Here are more pics. They're not the best but hopefully you can see what's going on.

This is raised all the way with the cover on.

Same setting with the cover off

Not broken side. You can see how the plastic in the middle doesn't go up all the way.

Broken side. It broke right at the top of that plastic support.

Baylor

UGH. That just seems like a poor design for installing. I can not imagine you are the first to do this. It seems like something that would not take too much effort to accomplish.

cowgirlsmommy

Wow i have used some force on my kiddy before and never had that happen. They have fantastic customer service. Give them a call.

bnsnyde

Oh wow. I am always telling the kids to stop pulling and tugging at theirs!
And they have GRABBED it before and applied weight.

This makes me scared. It was over $200 for a booster. I LOVE it and how even the kid next to it seems to have some foam benefit.

But...it should be way more durable!

glockchick

I will when I get home. DS won't be back with me until Friday so no one is riding in it now anyway. And I have others at home I can swap it for. ;)

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Let us know what they say. That does seem like a design flaw and I'm surprised it hasn't happened to someone here previously.

glockchick

Got a call back today finally after calling twice and leaving messages beginning on Wednesday. CSR said to email a couple pictures and proof of purchase and he'd talk to his manager and see what he could do.

I wasn't impressed, but we'll see what they say before I give final judgement.

I noticed today when I took the cover off to wash it that the other side is cracking the in same area as well.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Got a call back today finally after calling twice and leaving messages beginning on Wednesday. CSR said to email a couple pictures and proof of purchase and he'd talk to his manager and see what he could do.

I wasn't impressed, but we'll see what they say before I give final judgement.

I noticed today when I took the cover off to wash it that the other side is cracking the in same area as well.

I really hope they do something about it. That's awful.

aries416

Yikes! I just got one of these seats. I haven't put it in the car yet. I hope they come up with a good solution for you.

glockchick

Still haven't heard from them. I called again on Friday and got voice mail AGAIN. To say I'm getting frustrated is a bit of an understatement.

Anybody know a number or have a contact that will talk to me and not go to vm every time like the number listed on their website?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC