Travel car seat for toddler

U

Unregistered

I'm looking for a car seat for my 2.5 year old daughter for traveling. We'll probably use it briefly for flying this fall and then for flying and use in a rental car next summer. My daughter is 31lbs and 36".

We own a Britax Marathon and a Diono Radian but I flew with the Marathon last year and found it to be heavier than I would like and I had a hard time installing it. Because of that, I have no interest in trying the Radian for traveling.

What seat would be lightweight and hopefully work until she's booster ready? I don't need her to rearface, especially since we won't be using the seat in a car this year. She is currently rear facing in her radian. Her Marathon is installed forward facing in our second car but she rarely rides in it.

ADS

MommyShannon

I'd look at the Maestro, SureRide, or SecureKid. The Maestro is a FF combo seat with 18" harness and 50lb limit. It does become a booster but it is outgrown around the same time as the harness. It's nice and light for travel.
The sureRide isn't a combo seat, but has a 19" harness and 65lb limit. Definitely good for a tall child to get to booster age and very light. It rearfaces to 40" and 40lbs if you do want to rearface her a little longer in your spare car.
SecureKid is a combo, 65lb limit, and decent booster. I prefer dedicated boosters though.

U

Unregistered

Thanks, I'll take a look at them. Do you know which one of these seats if lightest? Also, would one of these seats work well when she outgrows the Marathon?

MommyShannon

Maestro:10lbs SureRide:9lbs. SecureKid:12.4lbs

All would work for her after the Marathon. The SureRide has the tallest limits but isn't a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC