Travel seat opinion

PharmAmy

Not sure what to do for an upcoming flight. DD1 is 8 yrs 56 lbs & 49"
DD2 is 3yrs 8mos 31 lbs & 37"
It is a short flight & I'm ok with them using the plane belts only on the plane. When we get there, family will pick us up. I'm considering buying new seats & having them shipped to family & leave them there for our once or twice a year visits OR buying lightweight seats for travel.
I'm thinking BubbleBum for DD1, but is it worth it? Should I just have fam keep a booster there?
For DD2, I'm thinking GoHybrid, but is it really safe? Also, I'm considering a Coccoro. I know she has almost outgrown it, but #3 is due in December & that seat should work well for baby in 3 across. Would it work for DD2 this trip on height? Does anyone know the seated height for it?

Thoughts?

ADS

MommyShannon

I'd have family pick up a no back booster for your 8 year if all vehicles will have head supports. For your 3 year old, I'd get an Evenflo SureRide. She would even still fit rf if you wanted. The coccoro only has 15" top slots ff so she may or may not fit. The SureRide would work well and would make a great travel seat for the baby later when #2 can use a booster.

creideamh

:yeahthat: My DD fits in it FF at almost 36" and 28lbs, but she already uses the top slots. I expect her to outgrow it by next summer.

PharmAmy

So that one wouldn't be too hard to lug around the airport? I guess I was trying too hard to kill 2 birds with 1 stone with the 3 across ;). That's a whole other post!
Funny thing is we just got rid of an Evenflo, maybe even that one- gave it to a friend whose little one outgrew her infant carrier.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC