If using a lock-off do i need to lock seat belt?

OK. No one mentioned that with the safeseat base using the lock-off is a requirement. (not that it matters, I just didn't realize it was required, I thought it was a helpful option if necessary). So if I am installing with the lock-off then do I have to lock the seatbelt into place? Does that make sense? Usually I pull the seatbelt out all the way so that it clicks and locks as it retracts...do I have to do that if I'm using the lock-off feature?

ADS

daycaremom2002

The lockoff does the job without having to switch your retractors. I love the Safeseat bases because of the lockoffs. They work really well in the vehicles I have used them in.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
Don't lock your seatbelt. That's the beauty of the lock-offs. Typically the seatbelt you are describing will cause a RFing seat to tilt to one side, by using the lock-offs and not locking your seatbelt, you've just eliminated that issue. :)

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Be sure and check the instructions and understand the purpose of the lock off...on that safe seat it does what it is supposed to do instead of a locking clip. There is great information on this on the safetybeltsafe usa website, resources for cps techs,technical encyclopedia under "lockoffs"

I did read through the manual :)thumbsup:) and that's when I saw that it is required that you use the lockoff with that base. So it isn't necessarily just replacing a locking clip - b/c those aren't always necessary - but the lockoff must always be used.

KristiD761

Senior Community Member
Oh yes...regardless of what is going on with the belt you have to use that lock off on the safeseat base...I just meant that sometimes parents always assume that if you use the lock off, you don't need to lock the seat belt at the retractor, and in some seats (not this one) that is not always true.
I have learned you never always assume anything:)
I love the safeseat higher weight limit!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC