Where to get kid's bedding?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Cute kid's bedding online? No characters. Looking specifically for a full sized duvet cover and sheets to coordinate.

I've looked at:

Land of Nod
PB Kids
PB Teen
Garnet Hill
Company Kids
Caden Lane
IKEA
Wayfair

My kid hasn't seen anything she likes more than what I just bought for TechnoBaby (so I may just get her the same bedding but want to exhaust all options first).

ETA: updated list of places I've checked

Last edited:
ADS

krasota

This is where I confess that all my son's adorable bedding has come from . . . . Ikea.

(and now I run away until I'm out of hittin' range)

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Oh sorry, I did check IKEA as I just ordered their beds from there. They only ship some of their bedding, and nothing really cute that's shippable. Also, some of the cute kids stuff only comes in twin. Some boring small polka dots was the closest thing to cute...and I'm competing with a duvet cover with ruffles and ice cream cones/popsicles on the sheets here (what I bought for baby)...:ROTFLMAO:

I love IKEA, so I'm not sure why you'd run! LOL

Roxy used to have awesome kids bedding, it's what she has on her twin now but anything I've found recently is too "old" for what she likes and I'm not even sure Roxy is doing bedding anymore as it's been harder to find.

SnoGurl

Either Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Sears. I like the stuff that's come out in the fall catalogue, and BBB had a ton of Roxy stuff when I was there last week, but also have lots of other options.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Either Bed, Bath and Beyond, or Sears. I like the stuff that's come out in the fall catalogue, and BBB had a ton of Roxy stuff when I was there last week, but also have lots of other options.

We don't have a BBB here. Bah. I did look at their online site but there wasn't anything kid like. The baby's bedding is from Sears (online) and that's the only one that TechnoKid likes so far. LOL Thinking I should just order it for her but I think it's kind of cheesy for them to have the same beds, the same bedding, etc. :p

Home Outfitters used to have Roxy so I should check there I guess.

I should maybe see about looking at the fall Sears catalogue too as maybe they haven't something that isn't showing up online.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Running because of your bedrail quest. :D

LOL, oh I get it now! It's okay, there isn't anything she likes anyway even if it could get shipped to me. We just looked again and the kid specific stuff only comes in twin and the ones available in her bed size aren't really kiddish enough to attract her.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Do you have a Target near you yet? I saw some cute stuff there.

Yes I do. I was going to go there for school supplies I think so I could check then. I thought last time that the kid's section didn't have duvet covers, only comforters, but I could be wrong so I should look again.

sm1982

I don't know if their stuff counts as "cute" ( they use a lot of muted tones) but I like Restoration Hardware Baby & Child.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I don't know if their stuff counts as "cute" ( they use a lot of muted tones) but I like Restoration Hardware Baby & Child.

I just looked and I love it, very classy and gentle. But my almost 7 year old said, "not enough colour. I like TONS and TONS of colour!". LOL

T4K

Are you looking at queen, too?

Yeah, I loooove Restoration Hardware but I try and not remember it exists. When I look at it, my bank account simultaneously empties somehow.

What about Anthrpologie?

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
Are you looking at queen, too?

For duvet covers I'm looking at the full/queen covers, there are very few that just fit full alone. But the baby's will fit a queen duvet so I want to get the same size duvet.

For sheets, only full size (but often they have a coordinating set so sheets are easier once we pick the cover).

What about Anthrpologie?

I looked and like it too. Just not kid like enough for her. Her eye is still caught by princess and My Little Pony bedding (but she doesn't pick those as her final choices, but they catch her eye) and I'm just trying to find something bright and engaging but not gaudy like character bedding.

SnoGurl

I haven't checked lately, but I bought 'lots and lots of colour' bedding for a friend's kid at Quilts, etc. Last year. I do love that store, but it's hit or miss for kid stuff.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I went to Target yesterday and they didn't have any duvet covers. They did have a cute quilt (not puffy polyester comforter, heavier thinner quilt) with peace signs and some trees that came with 2 shams. No sheets to match, but I could find something solid. Although I have wool duvets for both girls so a quilt doesn't do me much good...anyway, TechnoKid didn't like it enough to buy it anyway.

Went to Quilts, Etc. and they kids stuff was babyish right now IMO. One had circus tents and merry go round horses and was light pink, wasn't TechnoKid's style. That was the most mature in the kid's section, the rest was younger.

I found this online last night, what do you guys think?

twin.jpg

We wouldn't get the bed skirt as their new beds have drawers under and I would never do the whole room in the same theme...so no overkill for us, just imagine the bedding parts with flowers/dots and perhaps a zig zap pillow...LOL

Anyway, she says she likes it just as much as what I got for the TechnoBaby, but then 2 seconds later asks if she can still get the same as TechnoBaby...so ya, maybe I should just let her at this point.

SnoGurl

Lol, I would probably just get her the same as what TechnoBaby has, although I do really like the one posted.

Can you make your own? I make all my own duvet covers (because I HATE finding them, and when I do, I can't stand how expensive they are!). I just sew sheets together-- you can get some pretty great fabrics/designs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC