Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

What car seats will fit rear-facing in a 2012 Honda Fit?

I'm looking for a convertible car seat for my 11-month old baby, who's about to outgrow his Graco Snugride. I'd like to get a seat that I can keep rear facing for as long as possible, but I have a Honda Fit and am having trouble figuring out which car seats will work. I only have one kid so I'm not worried about how wide the car seats are, just the depth and visibility out the rear window. I'm thinking about the Britax Marathon, the Diono Radian, or the Clek Foonf. I tried out the Marathon in my car in the middle position, and it just barely fit. If anyone taller than me wanted to drive the car, it wouldn't work. Not ideal. I haven't found anywhere local that I can try out the Radian or the Clek. Anyone have any advice or experience with this? Thanks.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

I also have a small car (Toyota echo hatchback) and the britax fits really well behind the driver. Depending of your child's age you can achieve a less recline install. To do so, push on the feat area of the seat when tightening the latch or seatbelt. It might gives you more room that way. Just make sure to keep the blue line level to ground!
    Mary Ann - Maman franco
    Sorry for my broken English
    DD1: 10/2008 - Rides FF in a Plum RXT or PW's
    DD2: 02/2013 - Rides RF in a Flamingo Foonf
    DS: 07/2015 - Rides RF in a cowmoo Boulevard

Carseat Crazy

Re: What car seats will fit rear-facing in a 2012 Honda Fit?

If you want to do the radian you will definitely need the angle adjuster. The seats in the honda fit are just really flat so you need the angle adjuster to counteract the big rearfacing boot.

The britax seats work well in the fit especially at the 30 degree angle. The seat that gives us the most front legroom in the fit (seats all the way back) is the recaro convertibles. Yeah they don't have tons of legroom for the child but the fit has two positions for the backseat back rest and you can gain a little legroom that way. I swear the proride was made for the honda fit.

I haven't tried the foonf in there. One thing about it is that it is very tall but then again so is the fit.

Senior Community Member Dillipop's Avatar

My friend has the radian in her fit with the angle adjuster and seems happy with it.

CCO 4/15

Unregistered

I would strongly recommend buying either a Britax or Diono. The are very safe and have the best crash testing records. I'm not sure for the Britax, but I know Diono sells an Angle Adjuster that positions a rear-facing Diono convertible car seats at a more upright angle for older children. It can add up to 4” more room behind the front seats for more front leg room. I own a 2015 Honda Fit and a Diono RXT car seat, this angler has allowed more room for the passenger sitting in front of my rear-facing car seat.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I would strongly recommend buying either a Britax or Diono. The are very safe and have the best crash testing records.
    There is no "best" for crash testing, as least as far as we know. All seats on the market pass the same tests, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

8. Thank You from:

Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

I would give the Graco 4ever a look. It's not on your original list but it's a very nice seat that is very compact front to back and allows for a range of rear facing angles. We're using it in a Fiat 500 (which is even smaller than the Fit and also has a very flat back seat) and it gives a bit more space than even the Radian RXT with angle adjuster and much more space than the Chicco NextFit.

The space comparison that was posted is helpful, but keep in mind that the results vary quite a bit depending on the car. In our Fiat the 4ever is more compact than at least 4 seats that are listed as more compact in the space guide, and several of the seats listed as being just as compact are actually unusable in the car altogether because they don't even permit enough space to lock the front passenger seat in place.

Unregistered

We have a 2007 Honda Fit and the Combi Coccoro (sold on Amazon) fits rear facing in the middle seat with the front seats ALL the way back. Much smaller profile than our Graco Snugride+base infant car seat. Have an 11 month old girl who is above avg in stats and she has a long ways to grow before she outgrows it. Love it!