What to replace ospw?

melniemi

My old style parkway expires in December. I love that seat. Awesome belt fit on littles and no head slumping. My 6.5 yo rides in it in dh's truck about once a month. I also love how narrow it is. What hbb should I look into for replacing it? Dd is 44", 41#.
Thanks

ADS

NVMBR02

I'm looking to replace mine that expires in Dec. as well. For now it is just a spare seat I use for my friend's son once a month or so but I would like a seat to use as an emergency backup for dd2 after she turns 5. Right now I am thinking of getting a Vivo to replace it. I am also looking at the Affix or even just a plain ole turbo booster.

thepote

We replaced ours with a Vivo for my petite ds3. He used to turn into a noodle a bit when sleeping and the vivo was very supportive. He's almost 7.5 now and it still works well for him.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
We replaced DD1's old PW with a PWSG earlier this year. She really loves it - prefers it over the Oobr (which she also likes) because she can buckle more easily.

Kel

Hi. My 6.5 yr old DD uses a PW SG. She can buckle her self in it. We tried the Vivo, but she missed her cup holders. I was going to use it In DH van, but the Vivo doesn't fit with his headrest.

I've been eyeing the new performance booster by recaro. Looks nice.

NVMBR02

I have a Parkey SGL (not the newer version) and I like it well enough, but it doesn't replace the OSPW in my mind. The lap belt fit isn't horrible on my kids that are old enough to use it but I have had too many kids (including my neighbors 6 year old) that don't fit well. We don't need cupholders, we have plenty in the car.

If the Vivo is discontinued too, then I need to pick one soon to try it out since it looks like it will be a good fit for my particular situation.

Kel

My DD stores "stuff" in her cup holders, lol. She doesn't care as much for open cupholders, like the FR 85, etc....because her brothers can see her things, lol.

melniemi

When I booster her full time in my car, she will get a performance booster. But I need to store her other one so I'd love one closer to the size of my ospw ;). I wish they'd bring it back!

christineka

Mine expires in December. I got a recaro probooster to replace it, but child is currently riding in a borrowed monterey. She loves the monterey and it fits her great.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC