Britax Product Training

ADS

Morganthe

Congrats :)

Will there be any head honchos you can grill about the 'enhancement' situation on the Regent? ;) Only just a tiny bit kidding there :p

Have a great time. :thumbsup:

MomToEliEm

So what did you have to do to get chosen for this assignment? I would love to be able to do something like that.

ignora

Senior Community Member
So what did you have to do to get chosen for this assignment? I would love to be able to do something like that.

Well, Britax has to schedule a training somewhere that you can get to... and then you have to sign up... :)

steph

Is there possible way to try and get info on the rf limit of the Advoate:p? I know its for training but if you hear anything let me know!!!!
Thanks

mommyto4

I'll take notes and report tomorrow night.

Some of the stuff that is supposed to be covered is:
*Rear Facing Tethering (history, crash dynamics)
*Britax Features (lock-offs, expanded polystyrene, HUGS, etc.)
*Testing Beyond the Standards
*Highlight New Products & Recommendations
*Hands On - Getting Acquainted with New Seats
*Question and Answer Session

Nora, yes I do post on Delphi. I'm the one from Riverdale that will be meeting up with you and Jen and anyone else that is going with the Delphi group.

As Nora said, we didn't have to do anything special to get into the training. For me it was as simple as hearing about it, registering, and being one of the first however many to register.

Anyway, I'm really excited. I hope that by tomorrow afternoon I will be able to answer some of your questions.

ignora

Senior Community Member
I'm back and really tired... not a lot of sleep last night before the training... and Sid doesn't want to sleep... just got her down... finally! So, I think Melinda and I have stuff to tell... but, for my part, it will have to wait until tomorrow when I can think straight!

bug them a bunch for us :p

We did!! I think our little group asked the most questions.

YAY, I want a full report. Take notes!

We did!! A lot of stuff may be old news to you guys, but I'm a newer tech and learned some things.

Congrats :)

Will there be any head honchos you can grill about the 'enhancement' situation on the Regent? ;) Only just a tiny bit kidding there :p

Have a great time. :thumbsup:

Head honchos?? No, not really... but we did talk about it at length. Exactly what part of the enhancement situation do you want to know about? I may or may not know...

Is there possible way to try and get info on the rf limit of the Advoate:p? I know its for training but if you hear anything let me know!!!!
Thanks

She didn't have the Advocate there... said it's still in production. Let me check my notes tomorrow... I don't remember her mentioning the Advocate by name (except to say she didn't have one there) BUT she did say that ALL of their convertible seats will be 35 lbs rf... but they have to phase them in one at a time because each seat has to go through the certification process all over again in order for it to be recertified at 35 lbs rf. I would think that the Advocate would be released at 35 lbs rf since it's a new seat and that's their goal for all of their seats. Like I said, I'll double check my notes...

Nora, yes I do post on Delphi. I'm the one from Riverdale that will be meeting up with you and Jen and anyone else that is going with the Delphi group.

It was really great meeting you!! We'll have to get together some time soon when you're here in town with your girls... :)

B

broxbourneDELETE

BUT she did say that ALL of their convertible seats will be 35 lbs rf... but they have to phase them in one at a time because each seat has to go through the certification process all over again in order for it to be recertified at 35 lbs rf.

That is really huge news.

mommyto4

I'm so sorry everyone. I've been super busy today and tomorrow is my aniversary. So, I probably won't get a chance to answer your questions until monday at the earliest. Hopefully Nora will be able to get on here sooner then I will so you all can get your answers.

Anyway, the best news, to me, was the news that all Britax convertibles will be going to 35 lbs RF :thumbsup: by the end of 2008. This will happen in stages though and will not retro back to older seats. So, as you buy seat, you will have to look for the ones with the higher RF limits.

I hope that makes since. I'm really tired and may be rambling. I will try to clarify later.

steph

So I'm guessing it would be reasonable to assume that the Advocate is going to RF to 35 pounds????

ignora

Senior Community Member
She didn't say for sure... but I'd say that's a safe assumption.

I just wrote a seperate long-@ss post about the Britax training...

mommyto4

Like Nora said, she didn't say for sure, but I think it's safe to assume that the Advocate will RF to 35 lbs. Sorry I haven't posted much yet. We had a really busy weekend. I'll take a look at Nora's post later and see if I have anything to add. I'm sure Nora did a great job of informing everyone of what we learned though.

ignora

Senior Community Member
Sarah (blonde Sarah from CS&M, not Britax Sarah) reminded me that it was mentioned briefly that the Advocate will be a "souped up Boulevard" and will RF to 35lbs. I posted it over on the other thread.

mommyto4

Oh. That's great. I don't remember hearing her say anything about the Advocate. I'm glad she caught it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC